Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sweaty and Wet shoes
Quote | Reply
So looking for info on a spray or something to spray in running shoes and bike shoes. I live in south where humidity is crazy. On my long runs and long bike rides, my bike shoes and running shoes are soaking wet inside. I usually let them air dry out but looking for something to spray inside as well to keep them from getting too funky. I stopped by two running shoe stores and they didn't have anything other than products to wash them in or wash clothes in.
Quote Reply
Re: Sweaty and Wet shoes [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just need a fan to dry them off right after your workout. After every workout I put my shoes, HRM and helmet under a fan I keep in the garage. If you let them dry by themselves they will stink.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy a shoe dryer, will solve your problems right away. Not expensive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dl1340 wrote:
So looking for info on a spray or something to spray in running shoes and bike shoes. I live in south where humidity is crazy. On my long runs and long bike rides, my bike shoes and running shoes are soaking wet inside. I usually let them air dry out but looking for something to spray inside as well to keep them from getting too funky. I stopped by two running shoe stores and they didn't have anything other than products to wash them in or wash clothes in.

Rinse them with plain water sometimes and actually wash with detergent them from time to time.

A shoe dryer would be good too.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could also get some cedar shavings/sawdust filled shoe inserts like Stuffits to put in them after you dry them out. They will absorb moisture and improve their aroma.
Quote Reply
Re: Sweaty and Wet shoes [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Buy a shoe dryer, will solve your problems right away. Not expensive

Correct answer. I have two, one is the Field and Stream Boot Dryer and the other is called Peet Dryer. Just checked and both are available on Amazon for less than $40. Both work equally well - I purchased the Field and Stream product second because it breaks down into more pieces and is easier to air travel with when out of town for work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When my shoes get smelly I just put a tea bag in each shoe and leave them overnight. Works wonderfully.
Quote Reply
Re: Sweaty and Wet shoes [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
You just need a fan to dry them off right after your workout. After every workout I put my shoes, HRM and helmet under a fan I keep in the garage. If you let them dry by themselves they will stink.

This. Just run a fan on them at low speed for an hour, with the openings of the shoes facing the fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as most have said, take the insoles out and dry. I wash em with detergent and let them dry in the grass if they get really bad. Whole coffee beans can also absorb smells as well. You can put them in a plastic bag with a bunch of holes in it.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has my shoes smelling great. I also live in AZ so sweating is a 24/7 deal

https://www.2toms.com/stink-free-spray/

Also never wear the same shoes 2 days in a row

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feeling you’re pain. Moved to Puerto Rico a month ago, any run longer than 4 miles and I’m soaked head to toe regardless time of day.
Quote Reply