Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swapping between road and tri bike on trainer
Quote | Reply
Is there any benefit to alternating between road bike and tri bike on trainer? Or is the consensus to stick one bike on and leave it?
Quote Reply
Re: Swapping between road and tri bike on trainer [cappelwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The advantage is that the road bike has more varied hand positions, so may be more comfortable on the trainer, and the tri bike lets you train in aero.

The downside is convenience. Swapping bikes on the trainer and dealing with chain grease is a pain.

Personally, I have my old road bike dedicated to the trainer....and put some clipon bars on it.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switch to the tri bike as tri season nears so I can do some training in aero and get used to the position. I have a noseless saddle on the tri bike so having it on the trainer gives me time to get used to that as well. After tri season ends I have a road bike on the trainer when I am training for gravel, fondos, and cyclocross.

I do most of my training indoors and have multiple bikes so I don't have to take bikes off the trainer very often.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will be fastest on the bike that you train on, in the position that you train in most.
Quote Reply
Re: Swapping between road and tri bike on trainer [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
You will be fastest on the bike that you train on, in the position that you train in most.

absolute fact - and the saddle you spend the most time on also becomes the most comfortable
Quote Reply
Re: Swapping between road and tri bike on trainer [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welllllll, I think you will be faster in the Tri bike than the road bike even if you train more often in a road bike but.......you will be faster on the Tri bike if you train more often on the Tri bike than you would be on the Tri bike if don’t train on the Tri bike.
Quote Reply