Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [MeltingPot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, do you think it is fare?, when Michael Phelp retires and enter local swim meet, it will be fare.

i work 60 hours a week, while a pro train 6 hours a day, when he retires because he or she ar no longer good enough, in the pro division, they come over the my AG and kick my ass.

a special division need to be created, we have one for "BIG" people, one for challenged athletes, one for CEO,
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [thierry64] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thierry64 wrote:
no, do you think it is fare?, when Michael Phelp retires and enter local swim meet, it will be fare.

i work 60 hours a week, while a pro train 6 hours a day, when he retires because he or she ar no longer good enough, in the pro division, they come over the my AG and kick my ass.

a special division need to be created, we have one for "BIG" people, one for challenged athletes, one for CEO,
Holy shit...is this really how the world thinks? Please tell me I'm not in the minority.

If I work 61 hours a week and you only work 60, can I get a special division for me too?

When my kids were little, they had a thousand different divisions, so EVERYONE WAS A WINNER. That was when they were 6 and you as an adult are essentially asking for the same thing.

When did we get to a point in race culture where everyone needs to win? At a certain point, do you really give a crap if you take home some dopey award from the 12th Annual East Bumbleshit Triathlon?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thierry64 wrote:

----------------

Oh good lord,suck it up.....You should feel honoured to share a lane with Micheal Phelps...

I have raced against many retired pro triathletes and have no worries getting my ass kicked...I REALLY enjoy having my ass slapped by the female pros ...

--------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Phelps ever did do the master swimming route, the general attitude would probably be that it was fucking awesome to get to line up on the blocks in the same heat as Michael fucking Phelps. But then swimming has more of a 'you're always racing yourself' attitude and it doesn't matter so much to lose to MP if he helps pull you to a best time or best recent time in an event.

This kind of question pops up when the big guns show up at local meets and its generally seen as a very positive thing. (North Baltimore's annual Christmas meet is pretty well known for drawing a ton of international level swimmers including Michael Phelps mixing with kids who barely have A cuts, and a good time seems to be had for all there.)
Last edited by: FLA Jill: Aug 22, 11 14:38
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so why do we have so many age group then, let's just have a open division for everyone.

i don't beleive in "everyone is a winner" mentality.

i have won plenty, and lost plenty. and raise my daughter, with the attidute that you have to work harder than the guy next door if you want to win.

but common a Olympian in a AG!!!!, i am not saying they can't race. i am saying they should be in a "Open division" and anyone who want to race against them can enter that division.

oh wait it's called a Elite/ open divsion in Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
Men bitch about it, maybe even more. I thin part of it come from if you start nin tri at a young age and do well as an AGer from ages 20-35 or so,, you suddenly find your sefl getting beat by more people. Its not that those guys were around, its just that they were racing pro in tri or in one of the single sports. I typically would place higher in 20-25 than I would in 45-50, but its just that the best 20-25 yo are otherwise occupied.

Styrrell
Don't Kidd yourself .....i here you were studly when you were younger :0)

Quote | Reply
thierry64 wrote:
i have won plenty, and lost plenty. and raise my daughter, with the attidute that you have to work harder than the guy next door if you want to win.

but common a Olympian in a AG!!!!, i am not saying they can't race. i am saying they should be in a "Open division" and anyone who want to race against them can enter that division.

oh wait it's called a Elite/ open divsion in Triathlon

Missy Franklin is probably going to swim high school season in Colorado this year. You know, the girl who would have four long course world records (200 free, 200 back, 400 MR, 800FR) if you exclude marks from the 08-09 tech suit era. There will be coaches who try to schedule their girls around what she's swimming at Colorado's state meet, and other coaches who will shrug and admit that unless she DQs, everyone else is swimming for second place. It's just the nature of the beast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5 years down the road, Michael Phelp, Lance Armstrong and Chrissy Wellington show up at a triathlon in the coed team division, would it be fare to the rest of the teams?

not really, it would be great, but not really a even field.

again i am not saying they shouldn't race,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced against Brad Beven during the height of his career at our local events in Cairns and never begrudged the fact that he put me off the podium every time he showed up...Now that he is retired I think it is great that I get to see others race against the legend...

I never hear anyone in Australia bitching that Brad or Emma Carney race age group in Noosa...

I never hear anyone in Australia bitching that Chappo cranks out 8:30 age group times in Ironman in Oz..

I never hear anyone bitching that Dawn Fraser smashes age group records in the pool in Aussie swim meets..

I never heard anyone at the Crocodile Trophy in Oz bitch about Phil Anderson racing..

Maybe we just don't bitch so much down there and are just happy to race against these great athletes..

----------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
I raced against Brad Beven during the height of his career at our local events in Cairns and never begrudged the fact that he put me off the podium every time he showed up...Now that he is retired I think it is great that I get to see others race against the legend...

I never hear anyone in Australia bitching that Brad or Emma Carney race age group in Noosa...

I never hear anyone in Australia bitching that Chappo cranks out 8:30 age group times in Ironman in Oz..

I never hear anyone bitching that Dawn Fraser smashes age group records in the pool in Aussie swim meets..

I never heard anyone at the Crocodile Trophy in Oz bitch about Phil Anderson racing..

Maybe we just don't bitch so much down there and are just happy to race against these great athletes..

----------------------

Nah, yer all just too drunk to care. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"One of the dumber statements I've read lately. "

Now, now Catherine, settle down.

I'm sure Lance will be coming out of retirement any day now to pursue a national amateur cycling championship.
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction...Susan Williams is the first and only U.S. Olympian to medal in triathlon in the history of the games.
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [Avalonna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, murphy'slaw! so there! and if you say anything else so obviously stupid i'm going to call you out!

two years later ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [ian moone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except that Lance would not be able to race.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
yeah, murphy'slaw! so there! and if you say anything else so obviously stupid i'm going to call you out!

two years later ;-)

Something on the Internet was wrong??!
That's unpossible.

Anybody who wants to call me out on all the obviously stupid shit I've posted here, especially 2 or more years ago, had better get cracking!!
Busy, busy, busy!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Anybody who wants to call me out on all the obviously stupid shit I've posted here, especially 2 or more years ago, had better get cracking!!
Busy, busy, busy!

There isn't time enough in the day...or week...maybe month.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, legit razzing on the tardiness. I was just searching on her name for another reason and ran across the vitriolic thread. Felt a bit protective because Susan Williams is such an awesome coach and amazing athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [ian moone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ian moone wrote:

How about
Minor league
AAA
AA
American Legion

Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [Avalonna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doing a search and bumping a 2-year old thread is creepy. Next time do what I do, mail her your ear and tell her you and her should be together.

Weirdo.
Quote Reply
Re: Susan Williams.??????????? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what's even more creepy is registering today then having all your posts be about her. Creepy Stalker. (yes both words are supposed to be in capital letters, it's a title)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next