Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Superslice finally here
Quote | Reply
So I was googling for replacement thru axles for my Superslice so I don’t have to carry a tool and trying to figure out what part is in bike I have and I see a link to Cannondale website, which is weird, so I follow the link and it sure looks live.
https://www.cannondale.com/...c2-9964-8d5694316164

When did this happen and is no one talking about it because everyone waited so long they moved on from Cannondale?
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks light, but otherwise kind of boring, no integrated storage of any kind, etc...
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a different stack/reach (lower/longer) than the previous generation(s) Slice. Integrated and flush mounted stem brings into the question on how much adjustability will it have. It is also the first Slice model in "years" that does not feature the Cannondale SISL2 cranks. I'm not so sure that it is a "lightweight" frame as the previous Slice was advertised to be. I'm wondering if production will be limited for "retail" customers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is about 19lbs with pedals and bottle cages and flat kit. I think the last time I weighed it with everything it came out 19.35lbs and that’s with strike 60s, tubeless, 1x. For short course I would only need one bottle and no flat kit which I probably don’t need anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the fit is spot on and I have a 56. My old slice, the slice aero, 2014?, was a 54 and most my bikes are a 54. I think a 54 would feel small to me based on how the 56 feels. I’m definitely lower and maybe a touch longer but I don’t think so. There is not as much adjustability up front with the stock stem/bars that’s for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Standard Vision wheels. I am really surprised it doesn't come with the new Knot wheels. Maybe it won't accomadate the wider wheels/tire. Is this bike obsolete right out of the box?
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I have Strike 60s with a 28 running tubeless on the rear. Not sure how much bigger you could want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I wouldn’t disagree if by boring you mean it’s a pretty straightforward frame set. I like no integrated storage, on long course I can put my xlab bag on the top tube, and short course I can go without. Same thing for rear bottle cage. X lab makes the seat post cage holder and it fits perfect. One screw to put it on or take it off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the least super super bike of all time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is 148 rear spacing a standard thing in road/TT now too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a superbly ugly paint job. They must have let Heather Jackson or Wattie design it before she left for Argon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apart from the disc brake it’s almost identical to my cervelo p4.
Which is still the fastest bike I’ve ever tested.
So I’d say this is likely going to test very fast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the previous version of the slice. I loved that bike! It was fast without all the extra 'stuff.' Personally, that's what I like. So, to me this bike looks stellar.

My guess is this superslice will be awesome. Cannondale makes some seriously nice riding bikes.

But, and there's always a but.... for $6,500 + tax the careful shopper can get a P2 with eTap (certainly Di2) and a set of 404s (and maybe IM race entry). But, I bet it rides great and is a really fast bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As was mentioned in another thread, whether it be to appease the UCI rules or some other reason, I don't think they plan to really sell much of these. $10k for the eTap version and $6.5k for the mechanical ultegra edition puts these at a premium. Heck the SystemSix with a better groupset (Dura Ace) and better wheelset (Knot 64) and had in depth aero-analysis white paper (featuring wind tunnel testing versus its competitors) with its release is $500 cheaper than the baseline Superslice.

Speaking of the wheels, given how much they talked up the Knot 64 wheels for the release of the SystemSix, I don't understand their reasoning behind not including them on these two bikes.

Damon Rinard, can you clue us in on this?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, it's nice to see the graphic design team didn't cover the 'C' in Cannondale logo like they did on the drive side of the systemsix.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I don’t love it, but it’s growing on me.
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super easy for travel too. Take off wheels, put in scicon bag, done.
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it funny how people keep saying that the p4 is the best bike. Cannondale releases a bike that's similar to the p4 but seems to have fixed a lot of it's downsides, and now people hate on it for being too boring.
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from the price, which understandably is a big factor, I like this bike. Discs are hydro, I like the paint on both models, and it's clean and fast looking.

There are plenty of fair questions about it (price, no knot wheels, only 2 specs) but I dig it generally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huh, I have been seeing this bike all summer long being ridden by the guy featured in the photos (on his IG) and never thought anything of it... guess they're sponsoring AGers now? or just this guy

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P4 is boring, this is boring. But who gives a f**k as it’s fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The geometry of the SuperSlice and the previous version of the Slice:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting.

Some general open questions:
1. Where is the rim width for these wheels? No on Vision site.
2. Where are the prices posted? They're not showing in Safari.
3. Is the hub spacing correct? 148 seems wide for a Tri/TT bike and I've never seem a 100 disc front...
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prices are on retailer websites and on at least one Cannondale site.

I think the spacing numbers are correct. My front thru axle is 100x12; my rear is 142x12 which is pretty close to 148, and I don’t know why it’s different. My bike is not final retail version so some things are probably a little different.
Quote Reply
Re: Superslice finally here [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
2. Where are the prices posted? They're not showing in Safari.

$10k USD for the eTap version
$6.5k USD for the mechanical ultegra edition

Matt
Quote Reply

Prev Next