Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Super League September...
Quote | Reply
Well here we go again with four weeks of Super League madness beginning in London this weekend and ending in Malibu at the end of the month..Waaaaaay too much fun.

....and if you need some entertainment for your next indoor session then check out the Super League Team picks and find out who is racing for which team and who is the best smack talker among the SL staff.

Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Aug 31, 21 0:08
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy, the best smack talker will always be Macca. No contest.

Michelle is still as easy on the eye, but her picks were atrocious for the most part. She redeemed herself with the Vasco pick though.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Easy, the best smack talker will always be Macca. No contest.

Michelle is still as easy on the eye, but her picks were atrocious for the most part. She redeemed herself with the Vasco pick though.

I have had a crush on Michelle for maybe 20 years..
In Super League Family related news today,my old mate Kiwi ex-pro Brendon Downey and his race company The Event Crew have teamed up with The Pho3nix Foundation and Macca's, Mana Sports and Entertainment Group to have Pho3nix as the naming sponsor of eight of Brendon's races,The seven race Queensland Triathlon Series and the Gold Coast Triathlon.In keeping with their support of all thing junior sport Pho3nix and Mana are offering free entry for the kids race and are now looking at a 1,000 athlete field for the April kids race next year... Super League Gold Coast can't be far away....Great work all!
Pho3nix Partnership Announcement - The Event Crew
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Aug 30, 21 23:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will be waaaay better racing than the time trials the Collins cup consisted of. Looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Super League is the most exciting tri series to watch IMO. And the team does an excellent job picking good venues and having good camera setups. Excited to have it back

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm excited for it. Even going to take a long trip to Malibu to race myself in the morning and then watch Super League in the afternoon. The perfect day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. Psyched. I'm in Munich. Will definitely go and watch. Maybe volunteer too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never knew this was in London and on Sunday, so I will be in attendance!

Anyone reading from Superleague know if there's a grandstand I can pay for tickets for? I don't want to get there and end up with a shit view with a load of casuals, I attend ITU grandstand every year I've earned my stripes!
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [thestreak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea how to get tickets/access to the Munich event? I signed up on the website* but there was no info as stated on the 31. August. Maybe I was too late though - registered on 29.8.

* https://superleaguetriathlon.com/...muenchen21/#spectate

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I never knew this was in London and on Sunday, so I will be in attendance!

Anyone reading from Superleague know if there's a grandstand I can pay for tickets for? I don't want to get there and end up with a shit view with a load of casuals, I attend ITU grandstand every year I've earned my stripes!
Here you go..Good luck.
Super League Triathlon London 2021 » Championship Triathlon Races
>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That link just says you can watch for free, no details of a grandstand or tickets or anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
That link just says you can watch for free, no details of a grandstand or tickets or anything.
>
Do you want me to book it for you as well? ;-)
Super League Triathlon Hospitality Packages | Seat Unique
>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Jackets wrote:
>
Do you want me to book it for you as well? ;-)
Super League Triathlon Hospitality Packages | Seat Unique
>

£200 a bit out of reach for me at the moment, I actually wouldn't mind paying that usually got a lot on this month though.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [Strobes27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. But I don't know. I signed up to be a volunteer via my triathlon club. But I have no news of that either. Are you in Munich?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are they allowed to switch athletes in and out of the teams for different races? LCB hinted that she might be racing Malibu.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [Island] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Island wrote:
Are they allowed to switch athletes in and out of the teams for different races? LCB hinted that she might be racing Malibu.
They will allow Wildcard picks and have a few already announced for London.I am sure Lucy will be given a spot if she wants and they will probably need her to fill in Covid related vacant positions. She is in Vegas at the moment so it looks like a 70.3 Worlds race is on the cards the week before Malibu.
>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I am in Munich. Which tri club?
Let's see if there will be more info closer to the event.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [Strobes27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in SCPE but I signed up to volunteer with my kids' club, Karlsfeld. Actually just received the details about helping on Saturday. This should give me tickets for Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i did not expect the field to be that good...nobody is missing but Duffy, Knibb and the norwegians. SL is not my piece of cake but if i have a chance i will try to watch it.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Super League September... [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. The field is excellent. Local info. Quite bumpy road surface on that side of the park. And a shame they didn't integrate using the stadium. Anyway. Should be awesome. And weather getting better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It really depends on the venue, but there may not be a grandstand, but instead VIP zones, which would get good viewing spots and a beer tent. Not sure the details on purchase though. I haven't been to their championship events, but I have been involved with qualifiers, and it was great action (and better in person than on the screen for sure). The folks in the VIP seemed to be having the most fun, and by the end of a hot day, I was extremely jealous of their beer access.

Looking forward to watching the month of races on line this year.

I saw others asking about LCB, they will always do wildcards for each of the cities. I suspect that there will be the most spots open the WTCS Hamburg weekend, since several athletes are also on that start list. But they have already announced that Flora Duffy will be racing Malibu as a wild card, and I think it would be great for them to have Flora vs. LCB at that event, so I can't see them saying no...

Triple mix is a great format for London (also one of the original formats, and actually the format for the first race at Hamilton Island if memory serves), since the dynamics change significantly when you flip the orders...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I reckon Jonny Brownlee for the men tomorrow, Jess Learmonth for the women.

I'm picking The Tim Don Eagles as my team since it's got loads of Brits in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excited to be racing on the same course as these speedsters on the 25th!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of space to watch this around the track if you're in London get yourself to Canary Warf, wish I wasn't in work tomorrow I could sit in this bar and drink all day with a decent view of the finish!
Quote Reply

Prev Next