Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions on neighbourhoods/communities in Durham Region (Ontario)
Quote | Reply
Due to some personal circumstances, we are looking at moving from Toronto (Beaches area) to east of the city, in Durham Region. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good neighbourhood that is close to any running trails, or good routes that have a sidewalk!

My wife and I have largely given up cycling, but it wouldn't hurt to know if there are good quiet roads out there as well.

I've researched a few Strava and Mapmyride/Mapmyrun routes but I always feel that word of mouth is better.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions on neighbourhoods/communities in Durham Region (Ontario) [art_k82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never lived east of Tdot but if you're moving to that area you're going to be right near an amazing trail system - for a full tour be sure to check out one of the best races in the province, the Seaton Soaker! I know a friend of mine runs a trail running clinic from the dog park every Saturday morning - if you're on facebook look for the Seaton Soaker page and see if you can find the post by Lori Ann Hughes. I know they're doing guided training runs this spring as well.

You'll also be handy to the Oak Ridges Moraine, which has 300km of amazing trails for running/hiking or mtb, and the Walker Woods/Glen Major Forest - another 47km system of trails through rolling, forested hills.

Quote | Reply
I've run the section of Oak Ridges north of Richmond Hill and King City many times. They are very nice and well maintained, great for trail running; but I've never been to east of Bayview/Wilcox Lake.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions on neighbourhoods/communities in Durham Region (Ontario) [art_k82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
durham forest

http://discoveruxbridge.ca/trails/durham-forest/

Rouge park

http://www.rvcc.ca/Rouge_Park_Hiking_Trails.html

starts at Lake Ontario and goes north west under the 401 at Port Union Road to Steeles Ave with Morningside Road to the west and Altona Road to the east

Tons of roads to ride on. North/south bound - Concession Two, Concession Three (to Annina's Bakery in Goodwood), Concession Four, Five, Seven etc

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Port Perry is a great community, moved here 25 years ago, raised 3 kids, swim (Uxbridge pool) bike, run, no problem and a great arts scene. No regrets.
Quote Reply