Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Suggestions for new swimming goggles?
Quote | Reply
I'm about through with my current pair and am looking to buy new ones. Any suggestions and reasons why you like them?

Thanks,

---------------
It's not about what you've done, it's about what you're doing!
@trecca17
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Trecca17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedo Vanquishers have worked delightfully for me and most people I know who've tried them.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto with the vanquishers, they're cheap.. ~$15. I get a new pair every month or so, nothing like the feeling and anti-fog of fresh goggles!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trecca17 wrote:
I'm about through with my current pair and am looking to buy new ones. Any suggestions and reasons why you like them?

Swedish goggles w/ bungee cord strap, been wearing same pair for 5 yrs, and they're only $5.00 plus maybe $3 for the bungee strap. They don't wear out because they have no rubber or foam but rather the plastic eye piece fits right down around your eye socket. Takes awhile to get used to them but they are the choice of most college swimmers.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swore by the vanquishers for years. They are bomb proof. I used vanquishers during my first 2.4 mile open water swim race they tightened up and really started hurting.

After that race I looked around for goggles that apply less pressure to the eye sockets. Since most of us don't do block starts too often a goggles ability to withstand that initial rush isn't required. (Although I have done masters meets with the TYR Socket Rocket without them ever coming off, this might be more technique than goggle.) I tried the TYR Socket Rocket (Swedish style) goggle. They can be left on for an extended period of time without discomfort. They don't need to be worn tight either. They are kind of delicate to put on because they are so light. TYR improved on the Swedish design by painting a thin rubber paint-gasket around the eye cup area so they seem a little more secure.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/...1149.htm?color=10830

They're cheap too.

Good Luck!

Josh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aqua Sphere Kayenne. Comfortable with great field of vision. Great for OWS too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About 90% of my swimmers wear Speedo Vanquishers. Bulletproof.
I started using the K180 by Aquasphere and they work really well in the open water for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Lederman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the TYR nest pro and haven't had any issues at all. Been using them since July.

"Sweep the leg...Do you have a problem with that?" - John Kreese
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what he said.... most international swimmers use them and they are infinitely adjustable as you have to tie the nose strong to suit your own nose size.

Can get them for $8 on wiggle. I get a new pair each year as the eye sockets get scratched out but at $8 who cares.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [SwimRunTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SwimRunTri wrote:
what he said.... most international swimmers use them and they are infinitely adjustable as you have to tie the nose strong to suit your own nose size.

Can get them for $8 on wiggle. I get a new pair each year as the eye sockets get scratched out but at $8 who cares.

Glad you added the part about the nose piece being so adjustable. I was just pointing that out to someone a few days ago. It is amazing to me that the little piece of string has not broken after 5 yrs!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Aqua Sphere Kayenne. I like the wider field of vision and find them more comfortable. Also cuts down on the Raccoon eyes effect post swim.

Blogging at http://swimbikestumble.com/

Taking life one adventure/disaster at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know two guys who wear Speedo Women's Vanquishers. This is what I also like - the TYR socket rocket 2.0 looks way cool too though.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For pool, Tyr Tracers or Aqua Sphere K180s. For open water, I've come to like the Tyr Special Ops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For training in the pool, Finis lightning. Light blue tint for the winter when swimming in the morning. Gray mirrors when in the sun. Super clear and very wide angle of vision. Antifogs last a couple of months based on 4 swims per week. Thereafter, I just lick them or put some antifog in them. Dump after 6 months and get a new pair since they are cheap, about 12 bucks on amazon.

For racing, I use the Zoggs Predator. Very wide field of view, clear, fog resistant, and polarized. Perfect for those 7am start times when the sun is bouncing off the water. About 30 bucks. Still have a pair of fairly new Sables as a backup in my bag; they're the clearest but scratch easy and were 50 bucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [tdschnei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tdschnei wrote:
I use the TYR nest pro and haven't had any issues at all. Been using them since July.

I use the same goggles. Love them. After I realized these were the goggles for me, I picked up a bunch of em on ebay when some dude was selling them for super cheap!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the Vanquishers and really liked them. They don't leak but they can be slightly harsh on the eye socket after long periods.
I have been using Zoggs Predators lately and really like them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aqua Sphere Kayenne
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Troutlily] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Troutlily wrote:
I use Aqua Sphere Kayenne. I like the wider field of vision and find them more comfortable. Also cuts down on the Raccoon eyes effect post swim.

I bought a pair of AS Kaiman's. and have not be able to get them to seal. I wanted a wider field of vision for OWS. But could never get them to fit right.

I use Speedo Hydrosity's, and am pretty satisfied.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Kevin Curtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aqua Sphere Seal XP Ladies, tinted. I OW swim several times a week here in Miami and they last 6 months for me, do not leak or fog and are comfortable for a 1hour OW swim.
----------------------

2011 Broward County 60-64M Sprint Tri Champion
2011 1st place 60-64M Race Troops Sprint Tri
2012 1st place 60-64M Spring Training Sprint Tri
2013 1st place 60-64M Bone Island HIM
2013 1st place 60-64M Tri-Miami International Tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trecca17 wrote:

Thanks,

Nootca 11's or 207's
I've got both. I like my 11's with the brown tint more than my 207's with the green tint.

Link to my review of the 11's

I haven't written a review of my 207's....but I will once the summer seasons starts
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been using speedo gcg for 15 years -- i like the foam padding better than the suction cup on vanquishers and i think they are even cheaper
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I can't recommend the Aqua Sphere Kayenne strongly enough. They are the most comfortable goggles I've worn. They form a great seal without feeling like my eyes and head are in a vice. The wide field of vision is great for open water.

I've had the same pair for 18 months. Never once fogged up, and they are still scratch free because they come with a great case to keep them in.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Nootca 5s on order. I'm anxious to try them, but before that I was pretty much using normal swedes. The only thing I don't like about the swedes are the "weld" lines on the side of the goggle, it distorts your peripheral view, but thats just how they're made and everyone seems to be using it so whatever. Hopefully the 5s will fix that problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [DY3VERSITY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Nest Pros. I love these!

And I'm going to start checking eBay now :)
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for new swimming goggles? [jwilso2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried about 10 different ones and the second I put on the Seal xp I knew it was the last pair I would own.
Quote Reply

Prev Next