Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestion for Slowtwitch.com/Dan
Quote | Reply
I've often read Dan's complaint (as in a couple of recent threads) that many new triathletes simply don't know the rules by which they are expected to abide. How about a button on the Slowtwitch.com home page that links directly to a printable version of the rules? How about an optional test on this website? I'd love to know how my knowledge of the rules compares to everyone else. The embarrassment might make me study a little harder.

I just checked and TriNewbies doesn't have a link to the rules, either, or at least one that is obvious in a glance. I doubt many people get into the sport without reading many of the articles on training, nutrition, etc. and Dan's "Rules of the Road" column is a great start, but why not emphasize the rules for everyone instead of just beginners?
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Slowtwitch.com/Dan [BillT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm considering what you suggest.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Slowtwitch.com/Dan [BillT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A link to the rules on Tri Newbies makes sense... it might be a waste of real estate on this site.

Of course you can just go to the usat site but there is no test:

http://www.usatriathlon.org/Frames/fs_rules.htm

You can lead a horse to water...
Last edited by: M.S.kansan: Aug 13, 03 11:14
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Slowtwitch.com/Dan [M.S.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree. The rules are on the USAT site where any computer-illiterate person such as myself can find them, print them out and read them, as I did prior to doing my first tri (which was called My First Tri). If you think the rules concerning drafting are arcane, go to the USGA site and read the rules of golf. You may get dehydrated from all the NSAIDs you will have to take to get rid of that headache.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Slowtwitch.com/Dan [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would much rather see a link to rules we'd LIKE to see. I'll start:

Any RD that requires day-before packet pick up OR a $20 mailing fee for a small venue race is required to drop a 30 lb rock on both feet (barefoot of course). Can you say JA Productions (Folsom)?

Any drafting swimmer who hits their draft-mule's feet with their hands on every stroke is required to do the bike in their wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Slowtwitch.com/Dan [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan: Do you want to correct the mispelling of Cafferty's name in your rant? :) Not that many people here would care....

I sent Robinson an email. Have others done so?

An "accidental murder"? Bwuahahaha! Too funny. First year law school joke.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply