Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sufferfest computer power?
Quote | Reply
Is sufferfest real graphics-intensive like zwift? Or can I run it on kind of a trashy older Windows laptop?
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest computer power? [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure you can run it on your laptop. Mine is about 5 years old and it runs fine, I think your internet connection is more important because most of the app is streaming the video with simple graphics overlay. There is also an option to download the videos if your connection is sketchy.

Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, not at all graphics intensive. It's essentially just playing back a video, alongside the stats in a GUI.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The key for me has been to download the video before - the wireless signal strength in the pain cave is not super. But my laptop is a 5 y/o Win8.1 machine that is laughable compared to a $300-$500 laptop today. Runs fine. Not processor/graphics intensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest computer power? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my experience as well. Even with a rather strong signal, the video would have to buffer frequently. I ended up dropping sufferfest after a few videos didn’t download completely. I was running the program on a fairly basic computer. Strong internet signal is the key.
Quote Reply