Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sudden knee pain - need some help
Quote | Reply
Quick background: I have IMMT in 3.5 weeks. I had taken 2 weeks off riding as I was travelling with my wife, returned home and raced an Oly 5 days later. Held good power on the bike and then ran well but cruised the run knowing I had a longer ride the next day. 30km into the next day ride I felt a "niggle" in my knee and just assumed I was feeling the effects of the race. 90km and I pushed off from a light and had sharp sudden pain on the inside of the knee area, and had to get off the bike and walk it up most of the next hill. Had no-one home so rode the last 30km home but really suffered. Since then ice, heat, stretching and a massage where the therapist believed it was caused by overly tight adductors from the race.

It's been a week and a half and not all the time, but some times I'll get a pull or tension sensation above the knee when going up/down stairs. If I ride the bike, the cycling motion seems to create this feeling as well - not really pain but a sensation/tightness (hard to describe) that I'm worried will turn into the same pain I got during the prior ride. I can run with no issues and get none of the twinges I feel when riding.

Need to get in a few more rides so the bike fitness is not completely shot before IM, but want to figure how to resolve the pulling/tightness as I'm having visions of me sitting on the side of the road unable to finish the bike. Suggestions are welcome.
Quote Reply