Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Successful 1st 1/2 IM - Thanks Everyone
Quote | Reply
I mostly lurk here, but I wanted to post to thank you all for helping me finish my first 1/2 IM. I finished in 6:33, but it would have been much slower if not for the great advice I got from this forum. Thanks to everyone who posts here and thanks to Slowman for providing such a great forum in the first place.

The best advice I got was how to find a new rear cassette for my old 7 speed road bike. Two local bike shops told me it wasn't possible to get lower gears, but with your help I found a new cassette by mail order. I went from a 11-22 to a 13-26. Without that 26 I would have had much trouble on the hilly bike course and I doubt I would have been doing any running.

If you want all the gory details of my race, I posted a long and rambling race report over at trinewbies.com.

Thanks again, Dawn
Quote Reply
Re: Successful 1st 1/2 IM - Thanks Everyone [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! Well done. BTW, I read, and enjoyed, your report on trinewbies (actually, that was the first time I'd ever been to that website), nice job on that as well. Enjoy your marathon training, and we'll look forward to more reports of your tri adventures in the future.

"...like every writer, he measured other men's virtues by what they had accomplished, yet asked that other men measure him by what he planned someday to do."
Quote Reply