Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stryd Power Meter
Quote | Reply
I see on the website that new orders ship in 3 weeks. Has anyone heard rumors of a new model coming out?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd Power Meter [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
I see on the website that new orders ship in 3 weeks. Has anyone heard rumors of a new model coming out?

Yeah, I did. Stryd themselves say that there are no plans for an upgraded hardware at the moment. Don't know where this was written but can be found with google.

In a german triathlon magazine podcast though those guys said that they have information that there is something new coming in July I think they said. They know it, they said, because they are distributors of Stryd in Germany and that's why Stryd is currently sold out. Definitely sounded like new hardware but no way to know for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd Power Meter [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks....I will hurry up and wait.....interested to see what they come out with.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holding out for this reason as well. At least until end of July. I'd mainly use it for the treadmill in the winter anyway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s coming....

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I placed an order about a month ago, and I got an email yesterday saying that they have something new coming out. They will upgrade me to the new unit at not charge of I wish to do so. New units will ship late in July.
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd Power Meter [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity do they charge you even t they don't have the device in or charge when they get it and ship it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do charged you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anibalplay wrote:
I placed an order about a month ago, and I got an email yesterday saying that they have something new coming out. They will upgrade me to the new unit at not charge of I wish to do so. New units will ship late in July.

Same here. They charged me when I ordered about 2 weeks ago. Got an email yesterday informing me of the option to wait for the new model or request the old model sooner. Figure I may as well wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks gents!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$199 is pricey for one pod btw....but anyway its a cool gadget :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So now that it seems clear there's something new coming, I hope it's coming rather soon cause I wanted to order weeks ago as well.

Also... Anyone know what's gonna be updated? Is it gonna be dual sided?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The announcement is coming later this week (said so in the e-mail).

I'm a bit annoyed as my stryd shit the bed a week ago. New one isn't coming for another 2-3 weeks. Would really like to get the new version but I'm not sure I'm willing to wait another couple weeks. I haven't ran with GPS pace in a few years and I've been reminded just how terrible it is.

/rant

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seems like cool tech. I'm just waiting the tech to be more "settled". It seems there are still so many questions about it and I'd like to see more coaches using it as well as more training plans using running power.
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd Power Meter [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say it is a cool idea. What I don't like is that it isn't an actual power meter. In cycling, you measure an actual power output. With Stryd, they guesstimate your power based on a formula of speed/weight/running efficiency.
Last edited by: indianacyclist: Jun 24, 19 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd Power Meter [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
I'd say it is a cool idea. What I don't like is that it isn't an actual power meter. In cycling, you measure an actual power output. With Stryd, they guesstimate your power based on a formula of speed/weight/running efficiency.

How do you think a power meter in cycling measures power?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Stryd Power Meter [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
In cycling, you measure an actual power output. With Stryd, they guesstimate your power based on a formula of speed/weight/running efficiency.
It is actually more the opposite. If you know an object's mass and position in 3D space, then determining power is actually very easy. So, the secret sauce of Stryd is that they have a very good 3D accelerometer and a fast processor in a small package. IMHO, it is a butt-ton more simple than measuring power on a bike, which requires detecting impedance changes in metal, and then mathematically combining that will accelerometer data to figure out a force vector, and then mathematically combing that with moment and rotational data to arrive at a power number. It is amazing that people inherently trust bike power meters but not running power meters.
Quote Reply