Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with"
Quote | Reply
So.. I am having a strange thing happening with my Zwift rides being posted to Strava the last few weeks.
Lots of times (though not all the time) when my Zwift rides are uploaded to strava it shows that I rode alone even though I clearly rode with other people, I have checked all of my privacy settings in Strava and they are all open, and it's random, so one ride will show "rode with 50 other people" and the next will show 0.
Anyone have any clues as to what might be going on here?

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with" [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been seeing the same thing for months. Doing the TdZ rides it would show lots of folks I rode with (even if we were going at very different speeds and finished minutes apart). Conversely, I did the 10 laps of the volcano circuit achievement a few days ago and though I spent eight of those shamelessly glued to another rider's wheel it doesn't show us as having rode together.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with" [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To your point, I did a Team TT today, and it shows that I rode with no one, and here the whole point is ti be glued to someones wheel for the whole ride....
And yet during my warm up and cool down where I just meandering around Zwift it shows that I rode with 40 other people... so something strange is going on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be the algorithm needs work. Was within X distance of other rider for Y amount of time needs tweaking. Has to be based on that, or everyone you pass would be tagged too. Or another possibility whatever system they are using to capture that data goes down and when it's down there is a gap in that data.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with" [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, but this is something that just started a few weeks ago, so it's a new glitch.
Not to mention that in the TTT I rode with the same guy for 50 minutes straight basically within inches of each other and it still doesn't show up.
On Zwift it does, but not on Strava, so something is getting lost in translation from Zwift to Strava but only sometimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue. I believe that the 'fly by' feature is again shut off and you need to go back into your privacy controls and turn it back on to 'everyone' from 'no one'. I'm going to try that.

This happened a while ago and I saved the DCR comments.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...y-turns-feature.html
Quote Reply
Re: Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with" [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, however I dont think that's it.
Because today I did 3 rides a race warmup the actual TTT and then a race cool down (each one it's own ride), and the warm and cool down show other people and the actual race shows no one, so it seems really random and not related to any of my settings since I didn't change any of my settings today, yet 2 show as they should and one does not. very strange.... while all 3 on Zwift show other people that I rode with
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or...I’m right

It just worked in my crit race....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been on zwift from nearly the beginning, and there are for more bugs and random things like this than ever before
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered they’ve got the flyby privacy settings set to “no one “ ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
So.. I am having a strange thing happening with my Zwift rides being posted to Strava the last few weeks.
Lots of times (though not all the time) when my Zwift rides are uploaded to strava it shows that I rode alone even though I clearly rode with other people, I have checked all of my privacy settings in Strava and negotiations with simultaneous translations apex2016.com they are all open, and it's random, so one ride will show "rode with 50 other people" and the next will show 0.
Anyone have any clues as to what might be going on here?

I had this glitch too. Reset helped.
Last edited by: karla: Mar 16, 21 9:02
Quote Reply
Re: Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with" [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks and yeah I thought that might be possible, but for example in yesterdays TTT when I go on Strava it shows that 3 of my teammates rode together,+ 99 other people. 2 of them are friends of mine in Strava.
Yet I rode the exact same event WITH them and it's showing that I rode with zero people.
Last edited by: trener1: Feb 26, 21 6:08
Quote Reply
Re: Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with" [karla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karla wrote:
trener1 wrote:
I had this glitch too. Reset helped.

How and what did you reset? just the flyby settings on Strava, or something on Zwift?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i agree this is something different than flyby settings. i have some local events were it shows me only skiing with one person. when i click on the activity of that person it shows him skiing with 5-6 people. we were all together most of the time.... fly by shows us together (if those people opt in for flyby) I've tried changing all my privacy settings and switching them back, we'll see if i get a different result tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: Strava/Zwift not showing "rode with" [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah this is happening to me too recently, and I only ride outside. They seem to have tightened up the "rode with" algorithm so it often says you're solo when you weren't. Someone probably got grouped with people they didn't know and complained. Trying to remember when Strava was at its best...was it 2015 or so? It's been downhill for about 5-7yrs as they disable feature after feature. I miss flyby's, and especially being able to search others' activities (turned off when, maybe 2016?). Apparently I now ride alone a lot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply