Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strasser is riding his bike from Alaska to Patagonia as fast as possible...live tracking has him 11 days ahead of record...
Quote | Reply

In July 2018 Michi will be riding his bike starting in Alaska with one goal: going to Patagonia as fast as possible.
Therefore he needs to ride 23.000km.

Austrian Michael Strasser is riding his bike from Alaska to Patagonia as fast as possible. His goal is to cycle 23.000 km with 185.000 meters of altitude in less than 99 days to break an existing world record. The challenge is called Ice 2 Ice (because it's icy at the start and finish). Michael Strasser has two existing world records (he cycled through Russia and Africa).

According to the live tracking, he's 11 days ahead of the record: https://strassermichael.at/en/
  • longest drivable route worldwide
  • start in Prudhoe Bay / Alaska
  • goal in Ushuaia / Patagonia
  • distance of 23.000km with 185.000 meters of altitude

In May 2018 Dean Stott (www.pah18.com) improved the record to 99 days 12 hours and 56 minutes
Michael’s highest premise is the complete documentation and credibility of the record attempt.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Strasser is riding his bike from Alaska to Patagonia as fast as possible...live tracking has him 11 days ahead of record... [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Incredible feat!
Quote Reply
Re: Strasser is riding his bike from Alaska to Patagonia as fast as possible...live tracking has him 11 days ahead of record... [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
Incredible feat!

Yes, must have incredible feet for this.
Quote Reply
Re: Strasser is riding his bike from Alaska to Patagonia as fast as possible...live tracking has him 11 days ahead of record... [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In July 2018 Michi will be riding his bike starting in Alaska with one goal: going to Patagonia as fast as possible.
Therefore he needs to ride 23.000km.

To each his own but I've never understood these kind of rides where people go as fast as possible. I followed Mark Beaumont's ride around the world and also Mark's trip from Alaska to Ushuia (he threw in the climbs of the highest mountains in North and South America for good measure).

I did most of that ride on a touring bike and spent about 1.5 years doing it. I felt rushed and thought I should have taken more time and can't imagine doing it at speed. The only thing he'll remember is looking down at his handlebars and the road in front and will bypass so many great sites, cultures, customs and particularly people.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of the 23rd Sept., he’s in Chile and still 11 days to the good.
F**kin Amazing!

res, non verba
Quote Reply