Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strange denizens of the Dr office
Quote | Reply
Didn't see one of these for the waiting room....

Sitting here waiting to get labs done...

55+ man sits down next to me. He has a shirt on.... Buttoned at to top button only. I'm guessing the rest won't button because his belly is too big for the shirt.

Khaki shorts but the top button is NOT done. Black underwear elastic band well above the shorts.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: May 21, 18 10:53
Quote Reply
Re: Syrange denizens of the Dr office [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The title of the thread:
Do you mean syringe denizens or strange denizens?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange denizens of the Dr office [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...updated. I was typing on my phone, and didn't notice the typo.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange denizens of the Dr office [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The man who gets to his appointment 30 minutes early and then starts complaining (loudly) "I've been here for thirty minutes already and have not been seen. This is ridiculous".

Ms X you have so and so disease. I think if you can start to walk a little every day, and gain control of your blood pressure, we can avoid surgery"........."isn't there a pill you can give me for that instead?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a patient last week ask to bring her "service dog" into my office. She said she forgot the dog's service vest and paperwork. I allowed it. She claimed she needed the dog for her anxiety. The dog ended up being a tiny chihuahua that was shaking like a crack addict looking for his next fix.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange denizens of the Dr office [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man...as a physician I bet myself and the other slowtwitch MD's could fill up >100 pages worth of strange denizens...any ER docs could probably write a multi-part novel. It is a strange world out there people, the stuff I've seen stuck up the varied body orifices would make your head spin.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange denizens of the Dr office [kittenmittons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah...you Doc's have a front row seat to the human side-show. My dad was a Internist for 40 years, so I had a first balcony seat...it made for interesting discussions while we were working on cars/house projects/sometimes dinner table/etc.

Dunno if this is still a thing, but back then he had to do a rotation through the ER (on call) every month (I think). So, those were more "odd", and sometimes gruesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw a guy and asked him to submit a urine sample to the lab. Very unusual bacteria came back growing in the sample. Upon further questioning he told me he went the lab couldn't produce so he expressed some liquid from his rectum and submitted that. And this is a guy who if you talked to him you would think he was normal. Got all sorts of stories like that.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was the denizen.

I had an ultrasound guided cortisone shot in the high hamstring tendon. The shot was fine, no issues. Then I get up to walk to the front reception desk to pay the bill, my ass feels a little dead but nothing too bad. The cute receptionist asks me what I had done again, I told her and said it was no big deal, hardly even felt it. Two seconds later I fainted, fell back and hit the watercooler, spilling approx 10L of water all over the floor in reception!

I woke up to see her standing up at the desk, along with most other people in the waiting area laughing!
Quote Reply
Re: Syrange denizens of the Dr office [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
The title of the thread:
Do you mean syringe denizens or strange denizens?

Syringe would be a good one too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work on the compound of a large Military Medical Center I no longer work in direct patient care but just walking the hallways I see some bizarre stuff.

I am waiting for the ER docs to start posting the things they see.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply