Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strange Garmin syncing problem/recording my weight
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I wonder if any of you has experienced the same weird problem that I am having with my Garmin Forerunner 935.

I tend to run or cycle without my phone near me, and without being connected to my phone via bluetooth. So, when I run, only my Forerunner 935 tracks me. And when I cycle (which is always indoors on a Kickr), both my watch and TrainerRoad are tracking me. The weird thing is that when, after my workout, I sync my watch to my apps (Garmin Connect, Strava and TrainingPeaks), my weight (but no other metrics) gets arbitrarily changed despite me not changing it on any of the apps or the watch, and despite me not weighing myself on my Garmin scale. So, for example, let us say that both Garmin Connect and my watch record my weight as 77kg. I then do a sync and find, later in the day (because I usually forget to check this straight after syncing), that my weight is now recorded as 83kg on the watch and in Garmin Connect. This now seems to happen to me almost every time I sync and I cannot work out what is causing it. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you solve the problem? Thanks so much in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Garmin syncing problem/recording my weight [Renfrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are going to change data like this, change it in Garmin Connect and let it sync to the device, rather than setting it on the device.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Garmin syncing problem/recording my weight [mcalista] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the reply. The problem is that I have tried what you suggest and it hasn't helped. So, even if I insert my weight into Garmin Connect (or if it gets recorded there when my Garmin Connect syncs automatically with my Garmin scale), the next time I do a workout and sync the workout with Garmin Connect, Strava and TrainingPeaks, my weight somehow gets changed, both on my watch and in Garmin Connect.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Garmin syncing problem/recording my weight [Renfrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe with it on top of your mind now it'll be easier to check as soon as you sync? That's why I'd try to do. Before I sync, I'd verify both. Then I'd connect the watch - and before syncing, check the watch weight again. I don't think you can connect and open the Garmin Connect without it automatically syncing. So, once you open the Garmin app it will sync - then immediately check them again.

It'd be interesting to see if they change immediately.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply