Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol. 45 mins and you can't live without a distraction. tut tut. You should focus on technique, pull through , body position , breathing, hand and shoulders etc there is so much more than you are saying to just tune out does not fo justice to your sessions .
I do 35mins or 2000 m sessions each time for focused wo noise becomes a distraction. Easy days sure i too will turn to the earphones.

age is just a number after your name
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rail does help. Maybe a little sutle but the small movement forward and back does simulate speeding up slowing down in the water.
I find the stronger pull throughs i will move up the rail simulating speeding up so the pressure of the paddles is transfered. A sutle engagement of shoulders and hips also occur.

Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
I got mine last week and put it together this weekend. I was motivated to do something after being destroyed in the swim at the SOS tri. I am a ~35+min HIM swimmer and had trouble doing 5min on the trainer this morning in the easiest setting. I guess I will be working my way up slowly.

That thing will kick your butt.

I do use mine, just not as often as I should TBH. I think I could benefit from a few more espionage on it each month. Off season happens soon here and it's a zero impact workout.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It takes a while to build up the strength! I do most of mine around Door 4/5, with occasional Door 7 .... which hurts ... but is getting better! Today was 1000m Steady at Door 4 and 1000m at Door 6! Plus 300m Cool Down! Ouch.....

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [AussieMikeinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suffer from ADD, so anything to keep myself distracted or entertained at the same time! I do most of my technique training in the pool! But whilst on the Vasa I do keep an eye out for technique and pull through! But my technique is not to bad...... at least that is what I think .... and my coach says that I use brute power as my technique is aweful and I can't even do a pull-up properly! :) But with sub 1hr IM swim .... he can't complain to much!

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [alexne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you get to door 8 and 50 mins you will pleased not only getting to this point but the upper body muscle development is awesome. I feel like a cut swimmer. Lol.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of swim times on avg per 100m do you have on door 8 on the Vasa. And do you do full arm movement like during the swim or without lifting your elbows?

N+1
Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For all Vasa SwimErg users - thanks for all the great posts here on the ST forum.
The monorail with rolling seat carriage and bench do serve several purposes:

1. The monorail, coupled with the upper pulleys on the front frame, provide great reference points to make sure you are performing the right stroke path to avoid crossing the hands over the mid-line or from going out too wide.

2. Depending on your body weight and the damper door setting used, the free rolling bench does provide a sort of "mechanical treadmill" effect. Once you settle into a target power output, position of your body & bench will be somewhat static at a point along the monorail. If your stroke power drops due to fatigue, poor technique, or just not paying attention, then the rolling bench and your body will roll backwards a bit, providing that bio-feedback that power has dropped.

Note: the bench can be locked in place if you do not like this rolling bench feature.

3. Recently, we added a way to attach Vasa Trainer webbing straps, so the SwimErg can be used to do certain drills and exercises like on the Vasa Trainer, whereby the user pulls the body past the hands. This si a widely known benefit feature touted by top swim coaches who use the Vasa Trainer to teach this concept of the high elbow catch and proper pull. You can see more on this link:
https://vasatrainer.com/blog/resources/swim-specific-strength-drills-on-a-vasa-swim-erg/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In reading through this thread, I have gained a lot of insight into the benefits of using the Vasa erg. Thank you to all of the helpful contributors.

Reading about the many success stories of users helped not only with my decision to purchase a Vasa, but also to have the confidence in how to use it - including through training cycles using it primarily.

I was recently interview by Vasa, and I hope that sharing some of my positive experiences through this interview will also help others who are interested in Vasa.

https://vasatrainer.com/...ves-remote-coaching/
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [Rob Sleamaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's some good stuff.
Thanks

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this thread, Lightheir. I’ve read through your posts here and in other vasa threads repetitively over the last 6 months and finally purchased an erg. Assembled and used it for the first time last night - not sure my arms have ever felt like this before from swimming (from lifting weights? Yes). Looking forward to the progress.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [pvolb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some good stuff also in the thread I started earlier this year - here

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Some good stuff also in the thread I started earlier this year - here

That url is broken.

Paulo Matos
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [pmatos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pmatos wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
Some good stuff also in the thread I started earlier this year -
here

That url is broken.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/favorite_Vasa_ERG_workouts%3F_P6539256/

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep signing up for the Vasa news letters and coaching plans via email but I've had nothing.
Is anyone else getting them?
Is it because I'm......British?

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Our customer service team is digging into this to solve it for you.
Do feel free to contact me should this not be resolved to your satisfaction.

Happy trails!
Rob Sleamaker
Vasatrainer.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorted Rob!
Emails now being received.
Thank you for the prompt solution.
(Note to everyone else - it was my fault as I'd opted out a couple of years ago!)

Last edited by: DavidUK: Aug 16, 18 12:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David,

Excellent! I'm very proud of our customer service team at Vasa and I am delighted to know you are receiving the support you were seeking.

Happy Training!
Rob Sleamaker
CEO Vasa, Inc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we need a VASA swim critique thread or just post videos on here?
I’m conscious of my arm position, hand entry etc but if I’m wrong I’m wasting my time?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David

Better to contact us by email for this request. I can give you some options to get what you need.
Thanks
Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
Do we need a VASA swim critique thread or just post videos on here?
I’m conscious of my arm position, hand entry etc but if I’m wrong I’m wasting my time?

Great idea! Lets dedicate a vasa owners tread to it!
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So with the pool closures is it too soon to be a smug vasa owner?
Will this make pros reconsider getting one?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:

haha! i do 98% of my swim training on the vasa unfortunately. i don’t have easy access to water. i’m def stronger than i used to be, but it’s not helping me at all with my swim technique, which is what we all know makes you a better and faster swimmer.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
DavidUK wrote:

haha! i do 98% of my swim training on the vasa unfortunately. i don’t have easy access to water. i’m def stronger than i used to be, but it’s not helping me at all with my swim technique, which is what we all know makes you a better and faster swimmer.

Buy a 3*5 bathroom vanity mirror from Home Depot and put it on the floor beneath, watch your stroke, and reap the rewards.

As for the smug comment, I did mention to my wife a couple of days ago that I'm glad I didn't listen to the people saying not to buy one. Couldn't have ever imagined this situation, but pretty pleased I made the right call.
Quote Reply
Re: Still any VASA swim erg users out there? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damon, thanks for your support! FYI - we have a very useful free course to improve your freestyle. You can use it along with your Vasa SwimErg or if someone does not have a Vasa, they can still benefit greatly from it. https://vasatrainer.com/...freestyle-reg-ver-2/
Quote Reply

Prev Next