Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Steep angle vs. slack for Ironman
Quote | Reply
Any opinions regarding whether to opt for steep (78 deg.), vs. slack, road geometry for Long course (ie., IM). I have both set ups, and have used them both in Long Course, but still in a quandry. While the short course races definietley feel faster on steep angles, Long Course is a toss up. Take a race like IM Florida with no climbing, would that naturally lend itself to riding steep for that long? Or should one go with comfort in the road position. Slowman's references to the benefits of steep for the RUN have a pretty compelling tone to them, but does that get offset over the long race distance if you are not as comfy?
Quote Reply
Re: Steep angle vs. slack for Ironman [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think you should be able to find a comfy position with both setups. either 1) keep adjusting the steep angle until you hit it right, or 2) are you training enough on your steep angle to condition the different muscles recruited?

it took me awhile, but i found the right setup with the steep angle. believe it or not, when i moved my seat more forward, it fixed up my steep setup for me?!?!? i swear i'm close to 80 on my tt. i had been riding uncomfy on steep for an entire season thinking that was the price to pay for the speed. you can have your cake & eat it too.

play around with it a bit, i think you'll find something.

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to squeeze in 8 hours of TV a day - Homer Simpson
Quote Reply