Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

In 03 when Lance caught the musette bag he was attacking the group and that group waited for him to rejoin the group. Lance caused the crash by riding too close to the spectators, but Jan et all waited. If Contador wins it will be tainted.

Interesting.

So is Armstrong's '99 win tainted?
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If my 'act' is too tiring for you, go take a nap, or just don't read ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just making an observation. I notice you didn't bother to answer my question about the obviously brainwashed French people jeering Contador as he pulled on the yellow jersey. Poor, deluded people, don't even realize they have been duped by the evil Lance media colossus into hating AC...

Spot

Quote | Reply
There wasn't any question really. Yes, I do think that last year Lance did play a big role in portraying AC as poor sport.

Before last year, most folks didn't care much about AC, aside from the annoying pistolero thing. Last year, it all turned into a 'AC is poor sport', and this was largely coming from the Lance group. Many here jumped on the bandwagon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There wasn't any question really. Yes, I do think that last year Lance did play a big role in portraying AC as poor sport.

Before last year, most folks didn't care much about AC, aside from the annoying pistolero thing. Last year, it all turned into a 'AC is poor sport', and this was largely coming from the Lance group. Many here jumped on the bandwagon.

Yes, there was a question, here it is, verbatim: "Based on the jeers of the crowd when Contador got the yellow jersey, plenty of folks in France think Contador was wrong; are they all Lance lovers / AC haters, too?"

I guess Americans can't say anything bad about AC without being evil Euro-haters, but its OK for the French to boo and jeer AC as he pulls on the yellow jersey, eh?

Spot

Quote | Reply
YOU you REALLY are CLUELESS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You go faster when drunk?

Only if the cops are chasing me.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Green Barf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I have Bjarne's number,will you call him because I really want Andy to win. You have great advice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I said 'here' not Americans. I've seen lots of clueless comments in lequipe as well. Jean-Francois Bernard on lequipe seems to agree with me by the way. It's just part of the race. But I maintain that the perception of many folks here on ST goes back to the comments made by lance last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You mean waited while Menchov and Sanchez rode away from him?"

That is correct. If it was just Andy and him then he should have waited but there was more to the race.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To attack on a mechanical is in poor taste, but a fast decision that I am certain AC regrets. AC appologised on you tube, nuff said. People screw up, drop chains or make bad decisions in haste. Andy had no support in the mountains today, but I bet after today he has more support even if not his own team's. Andy needed time going into today, now he needs a little more. He knows what he needs to do, if he can't do it then he is not the champion - pretty simple. Wouldn't it be really cool if Contador spotted him the 38 s on the final TT, or would that be show boating?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your act, and others, in this thread is really pretty tiresome. Its possible for people to not like or agree with Contador's actions without being Lance lovers or to be brainwashed by the so-called Lance media machine. You were the first one to bring Lance up in this thread, and just keep playing that same tune. Based on the jeers of the crowd when Contador got the yellow jersey, plenty of folks in France think Contador was wrong; are they all Lance lovers / AC haters, too?

Spot

I bet most are AC haters as they live on the Spanish border. I don't know about you, but I always pull against my rivals in just about any sport.....there is no love between the French and Spanish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jean-Francois Bernard on lequipe seems to agree with me by the way.

You may want to explain the folks who that is. But then again...

A pic because I always liked the guy. One of the better Frenchies in the 80s.

Last edited by: uli: Jul 19, 10 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [roady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

In 03 when Lance caught the musette bag he was attacking the group and that group waited for him to rejoin the group. Lance caused the crash by riding too close to the spectators, but Jan et all waited. If Contador wins it will be tainted.

Interesting.

I didn't start watching cycling until 2002 so I don't really know what you are talking about in regard to the 99 tour.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Menchov and Sanchez would not have ridden away, they would have taken the lead of the reigning champion. AC knew what was occuring, he made a bad decision. He had time to right that decision as he heard things on the radio and had second thoughts. One thing is very clear, AC is not confident that he is the one with better form or he would not have attacked.

On the other hand, Schlek needs to prove he deserves to be a champion with a decisive move. It looked like he was getting ready to do just that, still a bit sheepish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only been following the Tour for 25 years, but in that time I do not recall the Yellow Jersey being booed at the end of a stage. I could be wrong.

Help me out Tour historians, has there been any other person booed when he put on the yellow jersey?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Bham Triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A true post only possible by a triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Jean-Francois Bernard on lequipe seems to agree with me by the way.

You may want to explain the folks who that is. But then again...

A pic because I always liked the guy. One of the better Frenchies in the 80s.

Jeff was the beginning of the French touting a rider as a future Tour winner who never has a chance.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Doitagain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. Although he was a very good rider, he was never a real contender. Not even close.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This may have to do with the race being in the Pyrenees, the animosity between the French and the Spanish in this area, and the fact that Schleck is francophone (somewhat).
Anquetil has been booed, Poulidor also, Lance has been booed, Rasmussen also, Riis, etc. All for various reasons.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Jocke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see the action with the right hand (not that it isn't there), but I do see the order that things happen.
1. Pedalling stopped instantly at 3:00 - 9:00 position, as if the chain jammed.
2. Under this instant stoppage, the bike lurches forward and the back wheel pops up.
3. Chain is freed when load is released, chain drops, and pedals spin freely.
Normally I would expect a jam when going from small ring to big ring (but then I don't shift my FD under load!). Is this consistent with the shift that he appears to have made? It looks as if his cadence was slowing just before the 'incident'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may have to do with the race being in the Pyrenees, the animosity between the French and the Spanish in this area, and the fact that Schleck is francophone (somewhat).

So the folks cheering were from Spain and the ones booing were from France, no kidding... Lots of Spainish flags along the route today and since it was in the Pyrenees, I figured AC would have the lion's share of support at the podium. But the boos were louder then the cheers.

Anquetil has been booed, Poulidor also, Lance has been booed, Rasmussen also, Riis, etc. All for various reasons.

After I typed this, I remembered Rasmussen was booed- for obvious reasons. I don't recall the first two... not that old. The Lance booing must have been cut out by Vs. (or OLN at the time) or Phil and Paul just talked over it. Go figure.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He lost me at 'I pay attention to cycling precisely once a year...'"

Good point but AC was not wrong in going. I watched the stage tonight on the prime time coverage and it was just one of those things that happens in a race. AS rode like a beast to limit his losses. But AC was not wrong in going.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J-F B....one of my all time faves. Thanks for the picture.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Stage 15 (spoiler) [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Interesting.

I didn't start watching cycling until 2002 so I don't really know what you are talking about in regard to the 99 tour.

Stage 2: A 10-rider crash on Passage du Gois, narrow spit of land, ensnared some of the top riders, including Alex Zulle, who was one of the favorites, if not the favorite. Lance and Postal were ahead of the crash and the 10 lost time. Zulle ended up 2nd overall. He was also part of the Festina team who got kicked out of the Tour the year before and he admitted to taking EPO.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next