Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stac Halcyon or Kickr Core
Quote | Reply
Which would you buy? The Stac Halcyon for $375 or the KICKR Core for $899? Edit: (I know the Halcyon is discontinued (Not True)) and has other road feel issues, but $375 for a smart trainer.
Last edited by: bufordt: May 29, 19 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: Stac Halcyon or Kickr Core [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have (2) kickr's, an original and 2nd generation. Can't say enough good things about them. However, just saw the Halcyon the other day. Very cool idea. Why are they discontinued? Seemed like a great idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Stac Halcyon or Kickr Core [KCTri75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KCTri75 wrote:
I have (2) kickr's, an original and 2nd generation. Can't say enough good things about them. However, just saw the Halcyon the other day. Very cool idea. Why are they discontinued? Seemed like a great idea.

Maybe they aren't discontinued. I just assumed they were since the web site says Final Sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming they're clearing the inventory as part of the buyout with 4iii

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Stac Halcyon or Kickr Core [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see, makes sense. I was curious why they were 50%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
Which would you buy? The Stac Halcyon for $375 or the KICKR Core for $899? I know the Halcyon is discontinued, and has other road feel issues, but $375 for a smart trainer.

I don't work for STAC, but I am supported by them. The Halcyon is not discontinued. But STAC is moving across the country as part of the acquisition by 4iiii so they are selling off existing inventory as opposed to bringing it with them.

And FWIW I use a Halcyon and think it's a great trainer. I live in a small condo, so the silent aspect is great, but I think its portability is an even better feature. It doesn't have a big, heavy flywheel, so it's light, folds up really small, and is very portable. The 10-hour battery life means you don't have to find an extension cord and plug if you bring your trainer with you.
Quote Reply
Re: Stac Halcyon or Kickr Core [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniel Clarke wrote:
I don't work for STAC, but I am supported by them. The Halcyon is not discontinued. But STAC is moving across the country as part of the acquisition by 4iiii so they are selling off existing inventory as opposed to bringing it with them.

And FWIW I use a Halcyon and think it's a great trainer. I live in a small condo, so the silent aspect is great, but I think its portability is an even better feature. It doesn't have a big, heavy flywheel, so it's light, folds up really small, and is very portable. The 10-hour battery life means you don't have to find an extension cord and plug if you bring your trainer with you.

OK, that makes sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Stac Halcyon or Kickr Core [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Stac. I bought my power enabled one two years ago.

I live in a condo too, and the flooring is terrible. Any other trainer would be waking up the downstairs neighbours. The noise from the drivetrain is not typically the issue – it's the noise created from friction on the trainer, rumbling the floor. None of that with the Stac since there is no contact.

It's worked solidly for two years, no issues at all.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply