Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

St. George Water Temp
Quote | Reply
Subject line says it all. What has the water temp been the last couple of years? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: St. George Water Temp [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the race last year (2017). I don't remember the exact temp, but it was comfortable to the point where I didn't notice it.....probably mid to upper 60's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think its usually 68. Really nothing to worry about, even in a cold year like last year, I swam the day before with no wetsuit, It took a few hundred yards but then i didn't care. On race day It is always perfect
Quote Reply
Re: St. George Water Temp [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you recommend a rear disk on the bike course? Haven't ridden the course and wondering if saving some weight is better than the aero advantage of a disk. thx
Quote Reply
Re: St. George Water Temp [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you're doing a direct hill climb, the answer is always disc. Plus the hills at st george aren't that bad.
Quote Reply
Re: St. George Water Temp [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet - thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know about averages, but it was perfect last year.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think a Hed 9 front would be okay?
Quote Reply
Re: St. George Water Temp [ret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must admit I've never done the race, but i was down there for a training camp a couple weeks ago so I've ridden the course. That being said, the answer to that depends on how comfortable you are on the bike. It was kind of windy, but not too bad. For what it's worth, I'll be on a set of Flo 90's on raceday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water temp 61

https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/sand-hollow/

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: St. George Water Temp [ret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ret wrote:
Do you think a Hed 9 front would be okay?

Totally. I don't think this course warrants any wheel-choice concerns.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
I must admit I've never done the race, but i was down there for a training camp a couple weeks ago so I've ridden the course. That being said, the answer to that depends on how comfortable you are on the bike. It was kind of windy, but not too bad. For what it's worth, I'll be on a set of Flo 90's on raceday.

How good/bad was the road surface? I've been debating tire choice . . . Vittoria CS or reliable GP 4000s. Although I don't even know which is better for rough surface, obv can't get a pinch flat w/ the tubeless setup.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: St. George Water Temp [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty crappy in places. A more supple tire might make for a smoother ride though. Basically right around sand hollow was bad, snow canyon area was good, and the descent after snow canyon was alright. I'll be running supersonics with latex tubes and sealant, i rode on them for part of the week without any issues
Quote Reply