Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea of release dates? All the places I check are back ordered or not in stock

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Any idea of release dates? All the places I check are back ordered or not in stock

Bump... I want to buy..
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a36108056/specialized-aethos-comp-review/

According to this for $4800 you get 17.2 lbs.

Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [Monastero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monastero wrote:
https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a36108056/specialized-aethos-comp-review/

According to this for $4800 you get 17.2 lbs.

That was basically my point. 690g frame built up to 17.2 lbs with shallow wheels.

My heavy Pinarello Prince frame (1300g frame, 450g fork) with DuraAce, power meter, and 75mm deep clincher comes in at 15.9 lbs
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRhino wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
yup. I saw gplama's take on it come across my youtube feed, and got all excited... alas, not an option.

switching to disc brakes is cost-prohibitive for me.

Same - have been eyeballing Force AXS 1x for months and was very excited to see this today until I realized I can't build on my existing rim brake setup. Back to the never ending hunt for the medium cage Force AXS RD I guess.

Are those hard to find?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"But damn, this groupset weights about 850g more than DA Di2. That's almost 2lbs. Can't wait to see this groupset on a light "climbing" frame built up to 20 lbs. Lol "

mine was that it's not 20 lbs ...it's much lighter LOL

As an aside, the crankset is 300 gms heavier than Red which means for very little extra you can have a bike right around 16 lbs.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [Monastero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monastero wrote:

As an aside, the crankset is 300 gms heavier than Red which means for very little extra you can have a bike right around 16 lbs.

On that note, the Rival derailleurs are far cheaper and only slightly heavier than red. You could save a lot of money and barely add weight if you mix the groupset that way.

Edit: I knew your point, btw. 20 lbs was a hyperbole. At the moment (we'll see about R9200) aero bike builds with Shimano are lighter than SRAM builds on hyper-light climbing frames.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Apr 23, 21 4:54
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
TheRhino wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
yup. I saw gplama's take on it come across my youtube feed, and got all excited... alas, not an option.

switching to disc brakes is cost-prohibitive for me.

Same - have been eyeballing Force AXS 1x for months and was very excited to see this today until I realized I can't build on my existing rim brake setup. Back to the never ending hunt for the medium cage Force AXS RD I guess.

Are those hard to find?

Should maybe have qualified eTap. The medium cage is new, supporting up to 36 on the back. You can find it in isolation but all the groupsets online still seems to be the short cage (33 max cassette).
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRhino wrote:

Can't you mix rim Force levers with the rest Rival?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use force cable actuated brifters with Rival derailleurs. The force shifters are a little bit more expensive at $230 a piece opposed to $200. I was really hoping for Rival cable actuated brifters to bring that cost down to $175 or less.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Rival Etap AXS [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where to buy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't understand why SRAM doesn't have an online AXS shop/configuration point where you can 'build' the AXS groupset you need in one place and place the order. If the great selling point of AXS is cross-compatibility they have made it a royal PIA for the consumer to take advantage of this compatibility by forcing people to piece things together in the most expensive way possible.

For example I would be interested in a Rival etap front and rear derailleurs, blip box, 2 clics, 2 blips and a rival etap cassette. Right now I can't seem to source a front derailleur (in the UK) but I can get a Force front and that would work for a pretty small price difference if I am willing to source parts from like 4 difference locations. The bigger pains is that it looks like my setup would be very close if not more than the cost of the full rival etap road groupset and I am not buying in brakes or a crankset. SRAM could make this whole process far easier by letting consumers configure there AXS groupset online directly from them or at a minimum allow certified retails to have a configuration option. My LBS is a SRAM dealer but is in no better position than I am when it come to sourcing etap parts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:

Still want to buy... still can't... wow..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
Pmswanepoel wrote:

Still want to buy... still can't... wow..

Has anyone been able to source or buy this group set yet? I can’t find it anywhere.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply

Prev Next