Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spring Ironmans Deferral Option
Quote | Reply
I know most of the canceled/postponed Ironmans have offered a deferral option. If you choose to defer to the event next year, do you have to pay the race fees again?

I am signed up for Lake Placid (still good for now) and cant find the answer to this question on the ironman site for the early season races, I am sure some of you who got emails on the early races can answer my question. Not looking for a debate just curious on the fees and time frame to make a decision. I really want to do Lake Placid but paying the fees again and training next year with a possible newborn might not be in my deck of cards.
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Ironmans Deferral Option [rutsackrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you’ll be automatically registered for next year’s race at zero cost.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Ironmans Deferral Option [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Hope races resume soon but at least I wont have to dish out another race fee if this extends into July and beyond. We are all in this together..........

And we love to take a bath!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's at zero cost, but I'm not sure if they will *automatically* transfer you to next year's race (although initially you're led to believe they will). I believe you still have to go into active.com (you will receive a link) and make your selection.

Here's a copy of the email I received for Galveston:

All registered athletes of the 2020 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN 70.3 Texas triathlon will have their race registration moved to the new race date, but we have also provided four additional race options if you are unable to race on November 22, 2020. All five options are listed below.

1. Remain in 2020 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN 70.3 Texas triathlon: November 22, 2020
2. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta triathlon: September 27, 2020
3. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 North Carolina triathlon: October 17, 2020
4. Free transfer to 2020 Bicycle World Texas IRONMAN 70.3 Waco triathlon: October 18, 2020
5. Free deferral to the 2021 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN 70.3 Texas triathlon: April 11, 2021

Immediately following this communication, you will receive an email from Active with a link to select your preferred race option. All athletes, including those wishing to remain in the 2020 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN 70.3 Texas, must make a selection by March 29, at 11:59 p.m. ET.

Quote Reply
Re: Spring Ironmans Deferral Option [CMattos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you do have to make the choice and then you’re registered for next year. My wording was bad.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no way Placid it is happening! I'm signing up for it as well probably going to call this week to cancel my reservations for housing
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Ironmans Deferral Option [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
There's no way Placid it is happening! I'm signing up for it as well probably going to call this week to cancel my reservations for housing

I bailed on St George 2 days before the deferral deadline, and before they announced the postponement, and jumped into Lake Placid instead. Cost me $180 total to do that in-season deferment. I should have waited for them to actually postpone StG because I would have ended up with free options to defer to Lou or MD. Not a big deal in the grand scheme. But this was also before the actual scope of this crisis was apparent and I was optimistic about July races happening.

Now? Not so much...

I expect LP to also get canned, but in that case I'll just take the bump to next year and chalk this season up as lost.
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Ironmans Deferral Option [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently deferred my 2020 IM Santa Rosa registration for the newly announced 2021 IM California. Was a completely painless transaction.
Quote Reply