Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinerval warmup question
Quote | Reply
I've been doing some of the Spinervals lately. I've noticed that the warmups and cooldowns are very short, around 5 minutes. Do you guys think that's enough? Coming from a running background, I'm used to 15-30 minutes for warmups and cooldowns.

Zeke
Quote Reply
Re: Spinerval warmup question [Zeke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always do at least 15 to30 before a tape.I try to get 15 after.
Quote Reply
yes, definetly [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've just started doing them too. i need a good 20 min warm up. i was never able to reach a zone close to what they say on the first interval.

i usually pop in an IM tape for a while before i start. some of the old IMH, IMC and Gr are pretty good.

Quote | Reply
I agree with the others. You gotta warm up for more than 5 minutes. I try to do about 15 minutes warming up. On the flip side however, I do tend to do a short cool down -- generally 5 minutes whether the Spineral tape gives you the whole 5 minutes or not. By that time, I am pretty bored and late for work. Doesn't seem to have any significant negative effect though. At least not any effect that I am aware of. It is interesting to see the athletes on the tape getting off their bikes well before the warm down is over.

-- joe
Quote Reply