Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speedplay Protector Shim Kit (Part #14135)
Quote | Reply
I am trying to attach Speedplay Walkable Cleats to a 4-hole sole and found out that I need this part that is sold separately... Only, I cant find this specific part. Anybody know how to find one or what other similar products I could use instead?
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Protector Shim Kit (Part #14135) [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Protector Shim Kit (Part #14135) [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes, however when I tried to order from Erik's it said that they would not ship to me (PA), and the shipping for bikebug was $54!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could use canting wedges. Just use two in different orientations to cancel out the canting and provide a flat surface.

https://www.bikefit.com/...alkable-cleat-wedges

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Protector Shim Kit (Part #14135) [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
You could use canting wedges. Just use two in different orientations to cancel out the canting and provide a flat surface.

https://www.bikefit.com/...alkable-cleat-wedges

I was wondering about something like these. They also have flat ones for leg length discrepancies. The only difference is that they are plastic, albiet probably hard plastic, while the other part is metal. Does anyone have experience with this working?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the bikefit wedges. They wear at about the same rate as the standard black speedplay base.
Last edited by: rijndael: Aug 1, 20 6:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the wedges in my carbon soled shoes. They do wear, but have lasted five years for me. The two wedges approach is lower stack than using the leg length shims (though more than the stainless plate).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply