Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speedfil F1 leak issues
Quote | Reply
I used this hydration system fine last year, but upon racing at the weekend for first time this year, liquid squirted everywhere after each sip from the bite valve. Anyone else experienced this? I can only think of some kind of pressure issue in the tube maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil F1 leak issues [jubbely] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
after you take a drink, bite on the valve a moment to let air back down the tube. that always works for me, no more 'spitting' from the bite valve.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a pressure issue, but it's the lower pressure outside vs the pressure inside the tube that's causing it to squirt out. I usually blow back at the end of my sipping to send the liquid back into the bottle.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jubbely -

Most likely the valve contained fluid right at the opening. A simple solution is to simply pinch the valve allow the fluid to drop 1-2cm and that should take care of it. If you continue to experince issues let us know and we can get you a new bite valve.

Team Speedfil
Quote Reply
Re: Speedfil F1 leak issues [Speedfil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedfil wrote:
Jubbely -

Most likely the valve contained fluid right at the opening. A simple solution is to simply pinch the valve allow the fluid to drop 1-2cm and that should take care of it. If you continue to experince issues let us know and we can get you a new bite valve.

Team Speedfil

Hi Guys after quite a lot of testing, I have found the bite valve has a very small split in it and the liquid is flowing out of that. How can I get hold of a new one? I am in UK unfortunately.
Quote Reply