Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Speed Concept Arm pads
Quote | Reply
Hey folks!

Anyone know of any arm pads that will fit on a current Speed Concept? I'm not a fan of the stock arm pads and want to swap them out to something which wraps further around the inside of my arm.

Something that has a Cee Gees pad to suit would be a bonus.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get the Zipp Vuka arm pads/cups and don't look back :)
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Something that has a Cee Gees pad to suit would be a bonus

??? Cee Gee does make a pad for GenII, I have them and they work great, do add a little stack FWIW, but with some tilt on extensions very nice to dial it in.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you prefer those over the Cee Gees? The Cee Gees are very cushy but they're also a bit too thick. I didn't know the Zipps would fit the bars on the Speed Concept.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [DrMonkeyhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yes, it's not just about the thickness of the pads. It's also the shape. I think the Zipp shape is much better IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been trying to figure this out....

What's the difference between these:

http://www.trisports.com/...lip-armrest-kit.html

http://www.trisports.com/...armrest-pad-kit.html

Looks like the armrest kit comes with loops/fasteners specific to the zipp bars. But are the pads and pad holders the same?

get comfortable being uncomfortable
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I can see, one comes with cups (which you need) and one does not. Just the pads alone won't do you much good.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been wondering about this same thing. I don't like the Bontrager design of the stock SC pads (slight indentations) and would prefer something plain and flat. The CeeGees seem to fit that bill but I'm concerned their thickness would require me to further adjust my cockpit height. Valid?

Is there another aftermarket brand pad that fits the SC cup besides the CeeGees?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the TriRig Ergo cups and pads? They seem like a great design. But Pricey!

http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=parts
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do those fit a SC?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Get the Zipp Vuka arm pads/cups and don't look back :)

same

_________________ https://www.instagram.com/toothengineer/ https://www.strava.com/dashboard https://slfmotion.com

2018 Races: Crashed out for the year
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [TRIspud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIspud wrote:
The CeeGees seem to fit that bill but I'm concerned their thickness would require me to further adjust my cockpit height. Valid?

They're maybe twice as thick as the stock pads, so maybe 2-3 mm thicker. I've heard people say they felt like they had to adjust their cockpit for that but I call bullshit that anyone really notices a micro-change of 2-3 mm in pad stack. My pad stack is about 605 mm. I'm pretty confident I wouldn't notice 608 mm vs 605. I would notice that my elbows and forearms would be in much more discomfort without Cee Gees.

2018 Races:
INJURED

Favorite Gear: Dimond Bikes | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don't fit. Unless you take a dremel to them.

get comfortable being uncomfortable
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are the bolts needed? one comes with bolts, and one does not.


  • Includes 2 replacement armrests, pads, bolts and velcro



  • Includes 2 foam pads, 2 velcro, and 2 base plates



so confusing.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any one try this:



It is kind of what tim don did to his aerobars this year.
I love the idea but worry about the flex on it

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome! Probably saves a decent amount of weight as well. Here's a link to the company that made the armrest: https://www.shopforwatts.co.uk/.../dirtyaero-arm-rests

I'm thinking of doing something similar but with some additional tilt built in as that's what tested fastest for me at A2 (ski bends reversed).
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.drag2zero.co.uk/shop/d2z-carbon-fibre-arm-rests/


here is the one from tim don bike




let me know if you get a pair or find a local company in USA to make them, I might give it a try also


I am worried about the flex or pressure when on the outermost part of the bar

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So long as the piece is built correctly (e.g. strong enough) there should be no issue. In fact you could intentionally make such a design so that it has a bit of flex to provide some suspension over bumpy roads.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Quote:
Something that has a Cee Gees pad to suit would be a bonus


??? Cee Gee does make a pad for GenII, I have them and they work great, do add a little stack FWIW, but with some tilt on extensions very nice to dial it in.

I think I may have worded my OP poorly. I currently have Cee Gees pads on my SC but it's the entire assembly including pad holders/arm rest thingys that I'm looking to change. The stock arm rests don't come up all that much on the inside of the forearm so I'm looking for something that is symmetrical on the inside and outside that cups your arm a more evenly.

Problem I've found is the orientation of the bolt holes on the SC is different to the majority of arm rests.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [TheFisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 
Try the zipp cups. They are perfect and they fit with no modifications.

TheFisher wrote:
ktm520 wrote:
Quote:
Something that has a Cee Gees pad to suit would be a bonus


??? Cee Gee does make a pad for GenII, I have them and they work great, do add a little stack FWIW, but with some tilt on extensions very nice to dial it in.

I think I may have worded my OP poorly. I currently have Cee Gees pads on my SC but it's the entire assembly including pad holders/arm rest thingys that I'm looking to change. The stock arm rests don't come up all that much on the inside of the forearm so I'm looking for something that is symmetrical on the inside and outside that cups your arm a more evenly.

Problem I've found is the orientation of the bolt holes on the SC is different to the majority of arm rests.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy in the YouTube video told me they charged him 90 pounds for it

Let me know how yours goes or
Where u get the piece from

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do. I'm on the road for the next four weeks for business but will get on it when I get back. Will likely have Dragon Plate fabricate something for me: https://dragonplate.com

I'm thinking I'll make my own at home for them to use as a template. To do so I'll simply cut a mold from foam using a hot knife.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sommer wrote:
Has anyone tried the TriRig Ergo cups and pads? They seem like a great design. But Pricey!

http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=parts

So I originally thought these wouldn't fit, but I can confirm they actually do fit. I lined everything up tonight after having the cups sit in an unopened box for the last month. They lined up perfectly much to my surprise.

First ride tomorrow. I'll report back.

get comfortable being uncomfortable
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
sommer wrote:
Has anyone tried the TriRig Ergo cups and pads? They seem like a great design. But Pricey!

http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=parts


So I originally thought these wouldn't fit, but I can confirm they actually do fit. I lined everything up tonight after having the cups sit in an unopened box for the last month. They lined up perfectly much to my surprise.

First ride tomorrow. I'll report back.

Bumping an old thread. I'm thinking of getting the TriRig Ergo cups for the gen2 speed concept and was wondering how they've worked out for you

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they work just fine.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply

Prev Next