Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to get tilt on the pads without tilting the entire aerobar mount?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [Racing2t2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not directly from trek. I am doing this though via arm pads that have the tilt already built in you can get them from companies like Alden carbon or the watt shop
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe with something like this:
https://www.alden-carbon.com/angled-aerobar-pad-cups

Racing2t2 wrote:
Is there a way to get tilt on the pads without tilting the entire aerobar mount?

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [obsessedironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the aero coach ones last week in both 10 and 15 degrees. Not sure when they will arrive but I’ll let you know how they work out. They were the cheapest option I came up with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I had a set of those for another bike. Super nice stuff!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [Birch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you have any luck with the AeroCoach ones? I just upgraded to a 50 set of bars and need to get the pads tilted.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [PabloGomezTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wattshop also has some. Got 2 pairs both not bad. 20° For the DA and 10° for the Speed concept.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [PabloGomezTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the Aerocoach 45* Angles and they are really nice. I also ordered the 15* spacers for the armpads but had no luck installing them... They come with an angled washer which needs to go on top of the pad so the bolt stays vertical and that angled washer won't fit in my 51 Speedshop pads. Maybe it works with other pads but I'm thinking ideally you would need a flat surface so that washer sits flush on the pad.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you only tilt the pads?

I'm thinking about getting the high Drag2zero extensions for my Aduro bars, and if all I have to do is tilt the pads instead of the whole bar I'll have a much easier time

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [palmtrees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
angling the bar with pads also angles the extensions and doesn't give you enough separation between bars and extensions for some of the aggressive extensions out there. manufactures should really start thinking this through a bit better. adding stupid washers is not the way to go about this. this is where the 3d printing market should come to play to make some wedges on the cheap. and these companies charging $100 for a pair of shims/spacers is robbery.
Last edited by: casper3043: Dec 29, 19 20:42
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:
I also ordered the 15* spacers for the armpads but had no luck installing them... They come with an angled washer which needs to go on top of the pad so the bolt stays vertical and that angled washer won't fit in my 51 Speedshop pads.

I can second this. I bought the 10 and 15 degree spacers only to find out the washer wouldn't fit the 51 Speedshop cups. Kinda bummed, but at least it was a relatively cheap lesson learned.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I 3D-printed a pair of 10 deg wedges for my Speed Concept for practically nothing - such a small print that I just piggy-backed on a bigger print, the added material was negligible. A washer and countersunk bolt was all that was needed.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a picture of your aerobar and pad setup with the 3d printed wedges?

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the only picture I have, sorry. First-gen SC, stock bracket ahead of the extension mount, Zipp Vuka Evo 110 extensions, Aerocoach Align Wing arm rests with 10mm pad (stock).

I tried the 70s+tilt but it wasn't as comfortable as the 110 with wedges, plus this way I get to keep my BTA level.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Last edited by: tessar: Jan 6, 20 23:19
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm Pad Tilt [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks!

Toro Performance
Quote Reply