Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [soobrex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2010 Comp and I am 5'10" with a 29" inseam. I have the setback seat post and stock stem and bike has been fitted to me like a glove.

- There are some who call me... Tim
"It's not how far you go, it's how go you far" - Dave Marshak
My Blog - http://www.260totri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [deadliner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deadline did you happen to take any photos of the install?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what did you do for the b junction box? i am keen to do this set up.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [dali341] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 port junction b is on the side of the stem, will try and get some pictures up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I guess I meant A junction connecting rd , fd and étube wire?? Would love to see as many pics as possible
In Reply To:
Last edited by: dali341: Sep 19, 15 15:13
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [dali341] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The hardest part is removing the internal liner to the rear mech, once that is out i fished a thin liner from rear mech and out of seatpost hole, then the same from the headtube hole where the original rear mech liner was to the seat post hole, finally drill a small hole by front mech and fish a 3rd liner to seat post hole.you should now have a linerat each exit point and 3 at seatpost hole so carefully tape correct lenght e-tube cables to corresponding liners and attach 4 port junction to other end of e-tube cables and 1 for seatpost battery. Now drop junction down seatpost towards bb while carefully pulling liners from you 3 exit points till you have an e-tube cable at each point and 1 hanging out the seatpost for battery. It takes a bit of patience as you will pull a cable off its liner and have to restart again and its easier if its a bare frame

Neil
Quote Reply
Post deleted by neilridley [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wondering if anyone here knows about this issue....

I bought and built up a 2011 transition pro this summer. Was getting a lot of noise while in the small chainring and I couldn't figured it out. Went to a LBS to have them look at something else and asked to check if quick. Turns out the chain was rubbing in the hanger (I had looked for this but missed it). Couple guys there were trying to figure out how and hoppeD on ST and quickly found soemthing stating that this bike was designed for 53/39 up front and I have 50/34. Is this a known issue? Surely the bigger chainrings would raise the chain but then wouldn't you need to also raise the hanger?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [lilteichmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can rotate the front mech plate depending on chainring size

lilteichmonster wrote:
Wondering if anyone here knows about this issue....

I bought and built up a 2011 transition pro this summer. Was getting a lot of noise while in the small chainring and I couldn't figured it out. Went to a LBS to have them look at something else and asked to check if quick. Turns out the chain was rubbing in the hanger (I had looked for this but missed it). Couple guys there were trying to figure out how and hoppeD on ST and quickly found soemthing stating that this bike was designed for 53/39 up front and I have 50/34. Is this a known issue? Surely the bigger chainrings would raise the chain but then wouldn't you need to also raise the hanger?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody running Fulcrum Red Wind XLRs on their Transition? Any issues with rear wheel spoke clearance (spokes hitting chainstay)?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [lazybiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of mavics that don't clear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Neil,
I have some questions regarding your Di2 installation.
What size is your transition?
What cable lengths did you use?
What junction box did you use, the internal one or the external?
What length cable did you use for the downtube?
Did you run the cable down the downtube flip the bike over and fish it out of the seat post hole to attach the junction box?
How well did the battery fit in the seat tube?
Did you have to do anything to have it not slide out?
Any lessons learned that would make it easier?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is a large, think to rear mech and battery was 750mm, front mech was 400 and to bars was 1200mm, you have to remove the internal guides and i put draw wires from each hole exiting out of the seat post then dropped the harness with junction(jc41)attached down the seat tube hole and pulled each cable to its final point, only hole drilled was for the front mech, the battery fits nicely into the seatpost and you should be able to see a ziptie in the pictures that is fed through a hole i drilled through the rib in the post.
Fishing cable from headtube to seat post hole is a little tricky and you will need the forks off, having done it now i reckon i could re do it in 90 min
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lazybiker wrote:
Anybody running Fulcrum Red Wind XLRs on their Transition? Any issues with rear wheel spoke clearance (spokes hitting chainstay)?

to answer my own question - no issues, but it is a close call. Maybe 1mm clearance between left side spokes and the chainstay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you who have moved on from the Specialized Transition, any interest in selling me your Virtue aero water bottle and cage? Can't find them anywhere. I see lots of pics of them from this thread, if anyone is looking to offload one please PM me. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got a Shiv and traded in the Transition....

I have a bottle, but I split it down the middle and packed with tubes, CO2, etc.

Also, Bent's Cycles in Lakeland, FL has three (3) on the shelf (NIB). Maybe can get them to ship.

Let me know if I can help any way.
Robby
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [bicyclpete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sir are going to heaven. Thank you for the hookup on this, looks like its working out. If you want to ditch that bottle now that you are on the Shiv let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My girl has reached permanent trainer status .
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it true that my 2011 transition pro was designed to be built with a 53/39 front chainring and NOT 54/36? A shop told me that's why I was getting chain rub on the front derailleur.

I'd like to spend some time/money this offseason on spicing up my bike a bit. Can't stand the sound of the chain rub when I'm riding.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can confirm that Shimano equipped Transitions came stock with 53/39 combo but I'm not sure about the SRAM ones (if I remember correctly the 2011 pro was SRAM). That said my FD has more than enough adjustabilty to accommodate other size chain rings and I doubt Spec designed the bike so the 53 was the largest possible size.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll have to get someone else to look at it then cause the shop didn't seem
To think they could make it work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott8888 is correct - all the Transitions came built with a 53/39 front end, Shimano or SRAM.

Looking at mine (a 2012 Comp running SRAM) I don't believe you are going to be able to run a 36 small ring without the chain rubbing the frame.

A better question is why are you trying to run a 54/36 on that bike? An 18 tooth jump is going to be pretty hard to make work, if it can even be done, and you will need to run a 54 on a 110 BCD crank to pull it off. That will cause issues all by itself.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa I drastically misspoke. It's a 50/34 I currently have
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
As a side note has anybody gone to a tri rig front brake to get rid of the 1cm spacer that is used to hold the brake cable? I need that 1cm to get into my ideal position. Right now i am using a -35 stem to get into a close to ideal position.
I'm also in the process of doing this right now. Although LBS says I'm missing an adapter to attach the Omega X to the front fork. Damn. I think they're trying to rig something. The TriRig compatibility chart said it worked with Transitions.

Also bought the Alpha X bar and extensions to slam the front end and internally route all cables (as you can see, the front end is a mess!).

Quote Reply

Prev Next