Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [cvcabran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good. New to you bike, or new new bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New to me in 2012. Below are the specs when I finished it earlier this year. It's been a great bike, but I recently got a Shiv Di2 and am currently parting out the Transition. (See Classifieds!)

2009 Specialized Shiv Pro
Basebar: Zipp Vuka Bull, carbon, 0mm drop, 42cm width
Extensions: Zipp Vuka Race Shift, carbon, with integrated R2C bosses
Shifters: Zipp R2C
Shift Levers: Zipp Carbon Levers
Brakeset: Specialized Integrated Brakes
Front Derailleur: Sram Red with K-Edge Chain Catcher
Rear Derailleur: Sram Red
Crankset: Sram Red, 50x34, 165mm
Rear Cassette: 10 speed 11-28
Saddle: Specialized Romin Evo
Wheelset: 2008 Zipp 404 Clinchers with Powertap SL+ 2.4 Ant
Skewers: Zipp
Tires: Continental GP4000S
Tubes: Q-Tubes 80mm long valves
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [cvcabran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice... Was it easy to replace the crankset from specialized to SRAM?

Anyone used stages PM for Spez-Tranz? I was thinking of getting one where I can swap it between bikes but the different BB might be an issue. Road bike uses hollowtech 2 and spez tranz seems to be proprietary BB...
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ever finish this? Can you post pics. I am curious to see the final outcome.
Thanks.

cabdoctor wrote:
yimmy wrote:
Project is finally coming together. Painted matte black and awaiting decals.

What brand paint did you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Out on my trusty TT today, nearly 5 years and still going strong :-)

Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
So has anyone successfully installed the internal di battery somewhere inside the Transition frame? Looking to swap over to di but still stuck on what to do with the battery.... want everything to be internal.

I did. Seat tube. Drilled the hole through bottom bracket (using the hole for rear brake hanger) and routed the cable throught the power tap hole to the exit on top tube (where 4 exists are located).
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [deadliner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Battery is perfect fit in the seatpin, theres a rib inside the pin and i drilled a small hole through it and put a zip tie through it to stop the battery sliding out
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all I see this forum isn't overly active but still alive. I'm a new roof me owner of 2012 Trans Comp, had a bike to small so traded someone for this bike and cash. Ordered a Force carbon crank, Force front and rear derailleurs and already had a full carbon cockpit. Should be putting it all together this weekend and will post some pics once done!

- There are some who call me... Tim
"It's not how far you go, it's how go you far" - Dave Marshak
My Blog - http://www.260totri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Diablo243] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a Specialized Virtue bottle and cage for sale?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a bottle/cage that is not being used. The bottle has a certain "je ne sais quoi" scent, likely from not being used in a few years... PM me if interested as we cannot break any rules here with buy/sell in this forum...
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [legalgooner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm sent, thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Diablo243 wrote:
Anyone have a Specialized Virtue bottle and cage for sale?
Sebastian?

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,
Anyone have the problem where the outer front derailleur housing got pulled into the frame at the top of the top tube, any idea how to get it out ?
Thanks in Advance
Casso
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [gickna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call me crazy, but isn't the housing supposed to go into the frame?
At least mine does. How would the shift cable otherwise be routed around the bend to come out vertical next to the FD?

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Last edited by: flogazo: Apr 8, 15 4:32
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!

I guess this is a good place to ask: What is the tire clearance on 2010/2011 transition? Enough to fit 25mm tires on wide rims? (Zipps rims are 24mm, Dura Ace WH-9000-C50 are 23mm wide)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [lazybiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run 25s on my 2010 comp with no issues.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had issues with 25's. I don't remember what rim it was though sorry but that's when I made the move to 23's on all my bikes as I swap wheels a lot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx Diablo! I've been offered a nice deal on 2010 transition pro w/o wheels, so just wanted to make sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vancity wrote:
I had issues with 25's. I don't remember what rim it was though sorry but that's when I made the move to 23's on all my bikes as I swap wheels a lot

I spoke with the owner earlier today and he told me he had no problems with ZIPP 303's (which are very wide)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lazybiker wrote:
Hi!

I guess this is a good place to ask: What is the tire clearance on 2010/2011 transition? Enough to fit 25mm tires on wide rims? (Zipps rims are 24mm, Dura Ace WH-9000-C50 are 23mm wide)

I just purchased a 2011 pro for TT's and used a HED + rim with 25mm tires on the rear, it was very close but fine. I also used a Zipp 808 with a 25mm tire and again had no issues, but the brakes were opened up all the way and the screws in the dropouts had to be adjusted to get the tire to clear the wheel cutout. A 25mm tire would be the absolute max on a newer wide rimmed wheel though as it measures just over 25mm in actuality.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a side note has anybody gone to a tri rig front brake to get rid of the 1cm spacer that is used to hold the brake cable? I need that 1cm to get into my ideal position. Right now i am using a -35 stem to get into a close to ideal position.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the process of doing this.

Not to lose that one spacer, just b/c the front brake is coming to end of life.

Omega SV

But, make a note of this....the instructional video has us just sliding the omega sv onto 2 posts coming out of the fork.

don't know about you guys, but my fork on my 2011 Transition has threaded ports rather than posts. There are some posts that are sold by Specialized and TRP (I think) that need to be threaded in before omega sv front brake can be loaded onto the frame.

Just fyi in case you go this route.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never posted my Transition. 2010 Specialized Transition Pro with Rotor Q rings and Rotor Aero crankset. Pictured with Zipp 900 Clincher disc wheel and Zipp 1080 front.

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [cyclinglawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anyone riding a medium transition (perhaps even specifically a 2011) give me an idea of your height/inseam?

looking at one posted in the classifieds and trying to get an idea of whether or not this could be a good fit for me

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [lilteichmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2010 S Works here...inseam is ~31" and I'm fine. I have both a straight seatpost and a team setback post and have measured effective TT length as short as 47cm and as long as 56.5cm.

I have ~11cm of drop from center seat to arm pads.
Quote Reply

Prev Next