Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket
Quote | Reply
I am currently in the process of building up a Specialized Shiv, but I'm not sure what size bottom bracket the Shiv uses. Does anybody know what size bottom bracket the non S-Works Shiv uses because I read that they don't have the same size bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still BB30 to the best of my knowledge. Specialized hasn't done anything different for years, other than move away from the PF30 standard and put real cups in the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard too it's BB30, overheard from a guy from a local meet up who got Specialized Shiv bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one and was a BB30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're talking Shiv TRI, my 2013 is BB30. Non-Sworks.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its BB30 but I would look into something like this https://www.merlincycles.com/...d9gazsAaAvu9EALw_wcB

although it depends on the build... on my last build I went this way due to my original BB30 shiv bearing somehow wallowing itself out....
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmanatee wrote:
If you're talking Shiv TRI, my 2013 is BB30. Non-Sworks.

Technically I believe it's OSBB which is almost the same, but not exactly the same as BB30.

If the OP is looking to run other than Specialized S-Works cranks he needs either a set of press in adapters for his cranks or a whole new BB.

For example, for SRAM cranks.

https://wheelsmfg.com/pressfit-30-to-outboard-bottom-bracket-for-24-22mm-cranks-sram-w-angular-contact-bearings-red.html

Note from that page: * Specialized Carbon OSBB with 61mm shell width will need additional 3.5mm cup spacers.

That is compared to a standard BB30/PF30 bottom bracket shell

For Shimano:
https://wheelsmfg.com/pressfit-30-to-outboard-bottom-bracket-for-24mm-cranks-shimano-red.html

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm >98% sure they are all BB30/OSBB (specialized term for BB30). Regardless of S-works or not S-works frame. The differences there are, I believe, BB shell material (carbon vs alloy insert) and bearings (ceramic vs steel) that come with the framesets/bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [albertsonrm1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to know!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [cantbeataktm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, for all your help. My local S-Works dealers also confirmed it is a BB30 Bottom Bracket as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I am going to hijack this thread for some information - does anyone know what type of bottom bracket a 2016 S-Works Shiv would have? I am looking to swap the crankset and want to confirm which parts I will need.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerikstri wrote:
Hi! I am going to hijack this thread for some information - does anyone know what type of bottom bracket a 2016 S-Works Shiv would have? I am looking to swap the crankset and want to confirm which parts I will need.

What type of crank do you have? What are you going to?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would guess that your frame is BB30.

Have you looked at the bottom bracket?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a S-Works carbon crank right now, but it has a 110 BCD so I am limited for stock chainrings (I have a 52/36). I want to get a crank that has a 130 BCD so I can put a larger set of TT chainrings (probably 54/42 or 55/42). So I guess my real question is what crank should I be looking at getting (that has a 130 BCD and will fit my frame)?
Last edited by: kerikstri: Aug 20, 19 16:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of bottom bracket shell does your frame have?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Shiv Bottom Bracket [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried looking on the frame, but it doesn't really say by the bottom bracket. It just says ceramic speed (no size/description).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a bottom bracket (bearings) installed in the frame?
Quote Reply