Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized S Works Power Saddle
Quote | Reply
These saddles are designed for more aggressive riding positions but do they encourage a riding position which is further forward or back?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S Works Power Saddle [badoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using them on both my road and tt bikes for 4 years, never looked back; riding position was not changed, if I understood the question
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S Works Power Saddle [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks JR. Yes, you understood the question :) So your saddle position stayed the same when you switched to Power saddle (relative to the rear alignment of the saddle) but your position on the bike stayed the same? i.e. the short saddle nose did not cause you to shift forward or backwards on the saddle? Good to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badoc wrote:
Thanks JR. Yes, you understood the question :) So your saddle position stayed the same when you switched to Power saddle (relative to the rear alignment of the saddle) but your position on the bike stayed the same? i.e. the short saddle nose did not cause you to shift forward or backwards on the saddle? Good to know.

For get about saddle position. You put the saddle in space where your sit bones need to be relative to the bottom bracket. The Saddle location WILL change relative to a converntional longer nose saddle. The saddle itself does not leave a lot of room for sliding forward (on the rivet) or backwards (climbing) like a normal length road saddle. You end up with more or less one position for your sit bones relative to the bottom bracket. I have used one on my tri bike and road bike off and on for 4 years (mainly because my riding has been off and on).
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S Works Power Saddle [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm- Specialized recommend that the rear of the saddle should be in the same position as the rear of a regular saddle. Are you saying to forget that advice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The feeling of the Power is more like ON the saddle, comparing to Romin EVO and Power Arc which give you a more IN the saddle feel. Generally I didn't find the position for me changed all that much. I set both the nose tip of the Power and Power Arc about 3cm behind the Romin EVO, as recommended by Specialized, and they work well. I think the shorter nose does make riding the the hoods (on the road bike) a bit more comfortable, but didn't really encourage me to ride lower.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S Works Power Saddle [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
The feeling of the Power is more like ON the saddle, comparing to Romin EVO and Power Arc which give you a more IN the saddle feel. Generally I didn't find the position for me changed all that much. ... I think the shorter nose does make riding the the hoods ... a bit more comfortable ....

Well said about on vs. in. That's my experience, too, maybe because the Power seems a bit firmer than the Evo. I've got the Romin EVO on one bike and I'm testing the Power on my gravel bike. I like them both. I don't find that the shorter Power limits my ability to positions, but maybe I don't move around that much in any case. I also agree that the drops are more comfortable on the Power, because there's less nose to get in the way.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badoc wrote:
Hmmmm- Specialized recommend that the rear of the saddle should be in the same position as the rear of a regular saddle. Are you saying to forget that advice?

I think it would depend on where you sit on conventional saddle for most of your riding and if the reduction of nose size allows you to sit differently on the Power than your conventional saddle (which really is the point of a short nose saddle)
Quote Reply