Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Romin EVO vs. Power
Quote | Reply
Long history of about 10 years riding the Romin EVO saddles on my TT and road bikes. I think it is definitely worn out on my TT bike and looking to replace it. Has anyone ridden both these saddles on a TT bike and can compare the major differences? For reference, it's more for long course, relatively aggressive position, with wider sit bones (have used 155 Romin EVO saddles in the past) according to the butt-o-meter from specialized.

Just looking for some experiences with both of these saddles.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Romin EVO vs. Power [tctritexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used both (135mm) on my road bike. The Romin feels better for shorter rides, but the Power is definitely more comfortable for rides over 2.5hrs.

Personally, I wouldn't use either as a TT saddle but if I had to I'd go with the Power. It has a more pronounced cutout and a shorter nose that makes rotating the hips easier. The Romin's nose always got in the way with more aggressive positions for me. The only ding on the Power is that the nose is quite firm compared to a tri saddle like the ISMs.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Romin EVO vs. Power [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i second the power for the TT position, because of the shorter nose. ideally in the (super expensive) mirror version to alleviate the firm nose. its my preferred TT solution vs romin (mirror as well) for the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Romin EVO vs. Power [tctritexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As above. I was using the Romin on TT as well as road (slightly more nose down on TT) then swapped a few years ago to the Power (not Mirror). Definitely stopped some discomfort I was getting after the long rides on the Ronin (never felt uncomfortable whilst on). But perhaps seems a little less comfortable whilst riding. Nothing major, but I feel I move around a bit more, and in part that could be why it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Romin EVO vs. Power [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I'll be looking for the Power and hope it works well for me as it did for all of you.
Quote Reply