Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences?
Quote | Reply
Looking to replace my worn out saddle on my Tri bike, and have been looking at the specialized options.
I'm lucky to have a specialized dealer on the other side of the CBD where i work.

Has anyone had any experiences on either or both of these saddles? Anyone recommend one over the other for any significant reason? This is exclusively for riding on my Tri bike in aero.

Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [sambadhillon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sitero has been the best Tri saddle I have had. Feels like your sitting on a bench, but it keeps the pressure off areas while in the aero position nicely.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [sambadhillon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few years back I was in the same situation as you. I bought the sitero and it was the most uncomfortable thing I’d ever sat on, I knew it within a minute of sitting on it. I went back to my LBS where I bought it, and after some consultation left with the power saddle. It was definitely the best saddle I’d ever used, it seemed as comfortable as a bike saddle could be. I still use it now three years later. Obviously this is an n of one, but the choice between these two would definitely be the power saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [Thestevebrandon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sitero is what I use for my Ironman training. It felt really wide first few rides and I was convinced I had made a mistake, but over time I have grown used to it and now I find it very comfortable on the turbo for hours at a time. I am racing it outside at Roth next weekend so I can let you know if my opinion changes after that.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [Misery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just replaced my Selle Italia SL with a Sitero. Initially I had it about 1/2cm low and it felt wide. I thought it was high but after measuring it was low. I made the adjustment and after a few rides I can say it’s an amazing piece of equipment. I’m able to stay in a power position with no discomfort. It’s a game changer for me. The best part is that my friend gave it to me at no cost. Between that and the free Kurt Kinetic Rock and Roller Trainer, I’ve been blessed by the triathlon Gods 🙏
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all that have chimed in!

@mwanner - i am actually replacing the exact same saddle! - Selle Italia SL.

Seems like its a try and buy consensus, with the majority favoring the Sitero.

Thanks again all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the sitero Since it came on my bike. I used it for about two years and did all my training and two 70.3’s. I loved it felt fantastic. But I lowered my position this year to focus more on sprints and it turned into something I couldn’t use anymore. I tried to move it around and didn’t want to have to try anything else but I couldn’t get it to work or feel the same as before.

I have a power saddle on my road bike and love it. I had thoughts of trying it on my tt if a few other saddles didn’t work out. I found the ism ps1.0 ended up working so never tried the power on the tt but for some reason I had a suspicion it might have felt better at a more aggressive position than the sitero.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Jun 29, 19 3:40
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Sitero has been the best Tri saddle I have had. Feels like your sitting on a bench, but it keeps the pressure off areas while in the aero position nicely.

This has been my experience too. I think I've had mine for 4+ years now.

THAT said, I don't think I rotate my hips well on the bike, and thus don't have the lowest position. If I were to resolve that, its very possible I'd need a different saddle due to increased pressure on the ol prostate area..
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I found when going lower my hips could not rotate well on the saddle. I had to go another route. With a higher front end it felt fantastic but going lower it was hard to rotate forward and trying to do so caused more uncomfortable pressure. It was shocking how it went from lounge chair comfort to torture with a 2 cm front end drop.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried several saddles, fortunately two local bike shops have a program where you can test ride before buying. I ended up with the Sitero expert. I did try the power saddle, but found the nose was too narrow and painful. The Sitero has a wider nose and was more comfortable for me. In my case it wasn’t a major improvement in comfort over my original Adamo saddle, just a bit more comfortable and better than any of the saddles I tried. I like the saddle’s clean, simple water bottle mount options. The quality of the saddle is very good, but that is typical with Specialized.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [Crash_Davis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d be interested to hear thoughts on sitero 2. Looks like a hybrid of sitero 1 + power. I had sitero 1 then switched to adamo PN. Thinking about going to the sitero 2 since I’ve enjoyed the power saddle on my road bikes so much. Great saddle for road, not sure if it would work on tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the saddle you refer to when you say “Sitero 2”? If so, this is the one I have.

https://www.specialized.com/...?color=227983-156073
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [Thestevebrandon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thestevebrandon wrote:
A few years back I was in the same situation as you. I bought the sitero and it was the most uncomfortable thing I’d ever sat on, I knew it within a minute of sitting on it. I went back to my LBS where I bought it, and after some consultation left with the power saddle. It was definitely the best saddle I’d ever used, it seemed as comfortable as a bike saddle could be. I still use it now three years later. Obviously this is an n of one, but the choice between these two would definitely be the power saddle.

Exactly my experience. The Sitero is hands down the worst saddle I have ever tried. My guess is that one or the other will work for most people, but not both.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power or Sitero on TT Bike: Any Experiences? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
That is my experience. I've described it as "not comfortable, but not uncomfortable." One thing I figured out early on was that I needed to wear tri shorts instead of regular cycling shorts. I think it's due to the square edges, but I found that a thicker chamois would bunch up in those places and cause chafing on longer rides...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From my experience it was a huge improvement from the Selle Italia SL. Once I got the position dialed in there’s been no looking back. Even my performance has improved due to staying in a better power position longer. I think I have an older expert version since mine looks a little different than the one on the Specialized website, although quite similar.

sambadhillon wrote:
Thanks to all that have chimed in!

@mwanner - i am actually replacing the exact same saddle! - Selle Italia SL.

Seems like its a try and buy consensus, with the majority favoring the Sitero.

Thanks again all.
Quote Reply