Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Power 143 v 155
Quote | Reply
Anybody ridden both? I've been on the 143 for a while but I'm wondering if I really should be on the 155. I had someone measure me with the Body Geometry tool and suggested the 143. But I also had a fitter fit me to a 155 Romin which didn't end up working out.

Also, is the 155 only wider at the wings? Or is the whole thing wider, front to back?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power 143 v 155 [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wider at the wings. I have been on all 3 saddles you mentioned. I hated the romin, the 143 power was almost great and the 155 power is what is on all my bikes now. Though I would love to try one of the new power saddles that have a small support layer for the tt bike (I know it’s a women’s but I think it would fix the small gripe I have with the one I currently have).
https://www.specialized.com/...?color=239333-159128
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power 143 v 155 [Bduke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bduke wrote:
Just wider at the wings. I have been on all 3 saddles you mentioned. I hated the romin, the 143 power was almost great and the 155 power is what is on all my bikes now. Though I would love to try one of the new power saddles that have a small support layer for the tt bike (I know it’s a women’s but I think it would fix the small gripe I have with the one I currently have).
https://www.specialized.com/...?color=239333-159128

Thanks! Think I might have to try out a 155. Do you find yourself sitting on the back or just in front of the wings? Yeah, I've been looking into the Mimic version too. Looks interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a 143 on the Power and a 155 on the Power ARC. The power has the wings more horizontal, whereas the ARC wings dive a little more.
This creates a larger perch area on the power vs. the ARC, so the 155 ARC was better.
I had to switch to the ARC after the power was rubbing the top of my hamstrings just a little too much. The ARC is just perfect, but YMMV as with any saddle suggestion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sit back up on the wings for sure. If I get too far forward too much soft tissue come through the cutout, hence the mimic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Anybody ridden both? I've been on the 143 for a while but I'm wondering if I really should be on the 155. I had someone measure me with the Body Geometry tool and suggested the 143. But I also had a fitter fit me to a 155 Romin which didn't end up working out.

Also, is the 155 only wider at the wings? Or is the whole thing wider, front to back?

I measure less than 143, but I could never make the 143 Power or Romin Evo work (for my road bike)......until i tried a 155 in both the Power and the Romin Evo. I ended up with the 155 Romin Evo. The 155 kept my sit bones stable and there was enough cut out for my hamstrings. The Romin Evo has enough room to shift around fore and aft, where the Power keeps you in one position. Basically the Power is a stub nose version of the Romin Evo. I found the the extra length works well for climbing, back of saddle, or riding the drops on the flats where you may find yourself creeping forward.
Last edited by: Jimbotri: Mar 30, 19 22:31
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Power 143 v 155 [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RONDAL wrote:
I am a 143 on the Power and a 155 on the Power ARC. The power has the wings more horizontal, whereas the ARC wings dive a little more.
This creates a larger perch area on the power vs. the ARC, so the 155 ARC was better.
I had to switch to the ARC after the power was rubbing the top of my hamstrings just a little too much. The ARC is just perfect, but YMMV as with any saddle suggestion.

That's a really interesting point you make and I never thought about that. I was on the 143 Power and had the same hamstring issue which lead me to switch to the Arc. Think i might pick up an Arc 155 this week and check out the difference.

Thanks!
Quote Reply