Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Body Geometry Shoes
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on them? I overpronate a decent amount and have had a little history with back of the knee/lower hamstring/upper calf soft tissue pain on the bike, so the idea of the varus wedge has some appeal to me.

Any input?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Body Geometry Shoes [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have experience with the shoes, but you can get a similar effect with the Big Meat wedge:

www.bicyclefit.com

Enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Body Geometry Shoes [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love these shoes and I strongly recommend them to anyone with over-pronation problems and/or forefoot "tilt." They're comfortable, they perform as advertized, and they're very durable. (I did three or four hours of hike-a-bike at "La Ruta de los Conquistadores" in Costa Rica, and have the shoes to prove it.)

In addition to the shoes, I also use Big Meat wedges because both feet are different and I need more correction under one foot than the other. I've found that the shoes themselves are equivalent to (approximately) one Big Meat wedge, but the advantage to the shoe is that it stabilizes the entire foot instead of just correcting the angle at which the shoe meets the pedal. In my case, a combination of the two--shoes and wedges--works best for me.

After many months of trial and error, I've arived at the following pain-free solution:

Road/Tri Bike: Specialized Pro Road shoes with one additional Big Meat Wedge under my right foot; Speedplay X/2 pedals.

Mountain Bike: Specialized Pro Mountain shoes with one additional Big Meat Wedge under my right foot; Speedplay Frog pedals.

Just a few minutes ago, I posed a response to "senorespanol" about knee problems, and in my response I gave some background information about how I came to use these shoes. I won't repeat myself here, but I'll direct you to that topic for more information ("Will my knees last till 80?").

Word of Warning: If you're a supinator (under-pronator), or your feet tilt the "other way," these shoes will do more harm than good!
Last edited by: Dominic: Feb 14, 03 14:56
Quote Reply