Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized BG Trivent Bike shoe
Quote | Reply
Whos used them? thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized BG Trivent Bike shoe [wcaruso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much the most amazing piece of equipment I own. I've got something like 6,000 miles on my shoes and they're still great. I've done everything from sprint races to HIMs in them barefoot and the feel great. I've even done a number of mountain centuries on them. They're incredibly sturdy. In the summer, they're especially nice because you can keep your feet cool. In the winter, I just throw some toe covers on them and wear thick socks and I never even get cold toes.

Well worth the $170 or whatever.

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized BG Trivent Bike shoe [guywithabike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive been using a pair of their S-Works road and like them. I just wanted something a little more transition friendly. I wonder if the sizing runs the similar as their road shoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started with sidi tri shoes but the toe box just didn't work well for me.

I switched to Specialized Trivents & was really happy with the quality, performance & fit. After about a year of use I left them on my trunk after a ride and lost them...

The lost shoes were a pretty big dilemma since I had a race in a week. This wasn't an A race so I was open to buying different shoes locally. I tried every shoe on I could find & secretly hoped the Shimano shoes would fit as well as the Specialized ones.

In the end I was on the phone with Specialized & they overnighted me a new pair.

If the shoe fits your foot I think its a great option.

Good luck,

Travis
www.dumbfocus.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ive been using a pair of their S-Works road and like them. I just wanted something a little more transition friendly. I wonder if the sizing runs the similar as their road shoes
Yes, the sizing is very similar, my first pair I ordered off the S-Works road shoe sizing.

Travis
www.dumbfocus.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - as good as their S-works road shoe (same sizing too). I LOVE my S-works road shoe (Boa) - on my 2nd pair (current white from previous Silver). The trivents are generally a universally praised shoe (which is hard since shoes/saddles are so individual).

Quote | Reply
I have 2 pair. The 07's and the 08's. I love them. They are comfortable, cool and stiff (if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that. I'd have a shit ton of nickels ;).

Definitely thumbs up.

"Paulo knows where to find me."
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized BG Trivent Bike shoe [davidrgm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the difference between them? Specialized page says "Updated" other than color there is nothing visible, but they feel lighter. (could be the cleats on my old one)

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to them from Shimano and am totally sold. Well worth the price.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have last year's model and they are the shizzle! When I first tried them on w/o socks I thought "wow they seem like they were made for my foot". Definately no complaints.

Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized BG Trivent Bike shoe [S~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Whats the difference between them? Specialized page says "Updated" other than color there is nothing visible, but they feel lighter. (could be the cleats on my old one)
I bet you it is the cleats. I really don't think they changed anything but the color. The only reason I got them is because when I bought my Seduza, they gave me a new pair for free. If anyone knows any different I'd love to know.

"Paulo knows where to find me."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used them for two years for every training ride and races from sprint up to 1/2 IM. They're sweet!

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply