Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Some Ventum Facts
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowtwitch Forum,

Sorry we have not been active on ST yet. We have been working hard behind the scenes getting ready for our general sale later this year. We have had a lot of interest and feedback so we are here to introduce ourselves and answer any questions you might have. We welcome your comments to help make the Ventum the best bike it can be. We find great value in being directly in contact with the consumer and this Forum seems like the perfect platform.

If you need a fast response from us it's better to contact us directly: support@ventumracing.com. Below I have listed a few answers to questions we have been receiving on email.

1. Geometry - We released our geometry, including our stack and reach numbers, in our Friends and Family sale. These can be accessed on the FAQs page of the friends and family site: http://shop.ventumracing.com/. This information, along with so much more, will be available on our general site in the coming weeks. If you ever have sizing/fit questions please email us. If there is demand for an even smaller frame in the future we will most likely make one.

2. Building/packing - We have worked hard to design the bike to be easy to work on and easy to pack. We understand that triathletes travel a lot and will be releasing a bike build and packing video shortly. Most top end 'Super Bikes' are a pain to work on and have caused plenty of frustration at races for athletes. We vowed on day one to be different.

3. Handlebars/cockpit - The cockpit is very flexible with plenty of adjustability. The fork steerer comes uncut and can be run with a maximum of 30mm of spacers under the stem. The aero-bar extensions can run up to 60mm of spacers. Arm-pad mounts can be swapped between narrow configuration at 78mm or 112mm wide configuration. Pad centre to centre on narrow set up range is 110mm to 140mm and wide clamps 144mm and 174mm. Aero-extensions can be cut to length and are a standard size and can be swapped out for other brand shapes if rider prefers. For contractual reasons, some of our Professional athletes use Shimano PRO bars and others use 3T.

4. Paint - We have a Black on Black design as standard. We will offer in the future a custom paint program. There will be some different designs showing up with our Professional Athletes if you keep an eye out at races.

5. Looks - We understand looks and aesthetics is a personal preference. We have designed this bike purely on how to make it as fast as possible. We think it's absolutely beautiful but we might be a bit biased:-) Our design is very different to anything else on the market and there is very good reason for this. We have done countless days of Wind Tunnel testing to come up with every millimeter of this design.

6. Nutrition - Our bottle currently holds 2 standard water bottles and is easy to refill on the go and add sodium tablets. I can also confirm that we have a nutrition holder and extra fluid capacity on the way. This is a part of our constant refinement process.

7. Wind Tunnel Data - We want to release the absolute latest and most complete numbers. We were just in the wind tunnel 2 short weeks ago with the Generation 6 bike (the production bike) and will have this data out shortly (in the next week or so)

8. Feedback - We welcome all feedback positive or negative. It helps us improve our company as well as our products. We have a lot of product development and testing going on behind the scenes. If you think you have a good idea or even something you don't like feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your patience with us as we establish ourselves. Our goal is to make the fastest and most user friendly bike on the market.

Cheers,

Jimmy and The Ventum Team

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [JimmySeear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jimmy, great to see you on ST.

I got a close look at the Ventum at Mont Tremblant 70.3 where you and Alicia Kaye were racing. What a stunning and intriguing bike! I'm looking forward to seeing the wind tunnel data.

Good luck with Ventum! I have tremendous respect for renaissance men like you who pull off entrepreneurial projects while racing pro. Do you even sleep? ;)

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'd like to see a clear bottle option with markings so it's easy to tell how much has been used and how much is left.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimmy,

Welcome sir. Anxious to take a closer look when I'm back in Boulder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you provide full dimensions for the bars? Preferably a drawing, otherwise steerer stack, effective stem length, angle, pad setback (to rear), min pad stack and the adjustment available on pads?

While I'm asking for fine detail... true angle of seatpost with offset of that line from BB and travel range of post head. Seat tube centre to top and max post exposed (frame to clamp)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like how you can customize the bottle color. Will you be releasing a technical white paper with the data?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 5, 15 15:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bikes are you testing it against and will you have data with a dummy or rider on the bikes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
question:

will the new design prevent use on the standard trainer like computrainer. kurtkinetic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried to answer as many questions as possible.

Thanks Ryan and Cody. It will be a steep learning curve getting involved on here and Cody sleep is overrated!!!

ZenTriBrett - Our white bottle is transparent and you can see the fluids easily.

cyclenutnz - Good questions and please excuse the long reply.
- Steerer can be cut to have a maximum of 30mm of spacers under the stem
- Stem length 75mm
- Stem angle 10*
- Minimum pad stack is 5mm over base bar and maximum stack is 60mm
- Bull horns drop is 43mm
- Bull horns are 42cm c-to-c
- Aero-bar mounts are 110mm wide
- Arm-pad mounts can be swapped between narrow configuration at 78mm or 112mm wide setup
- Pad centre to centre on narrow set up range is 100mm to 140mm and 144mm to 174mm on wide configuration
- Aero-extensions are 328mm long and rise at 158*
- The drawing was to large to upload and I will work on getting some drawings up soon.
- Please explain what you mean - true angle of seat-post with offset of that line from BB and seat tube centre to top and max post exposed (frame clamp)?
- Seat-post head has 45mm of adjustment and the post is 420mm long to saddle rails

BryanD - The bottle colour really change's how the bike looks. We will be releasing some data in the next week. We have decided to have out source all our data to an independent party for a detailed white paper write up.

Grill - We have tested against a lot of bikes. To make sure all testing is fair we cut all the possible variables. We tested against Cervelo, Scott, Canyon, Felt and we did manage to test against a Dimond but there were to many variable to allow us to release that data. We have spoken with Dimond about doing another test with them later in the year. We did test with a rider but there were variable in the same rider between runs so we are focussing on bike only data. We have been looking into Dummy testing as well but we want to analyse the interaction between the riders legs moving, air turbulence and the bike.

R2 - At this stage we recommend not to use it with a standard trainer but we are currently testing this. We know that a majority of triathletes utilise trainers in their routines. We want to allow our riders to use a trainer in a safe manner hence the current testing. We will be updating this soon.

Thank you everyone!

Jimmy

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you give us some details of the front and rear brake? How is adjustment handled? How large of a rim can they handle?

What are the other colors for the water bottle? Thanks.

What are your thoughts on using the Omnium as a trainer? Fork mount and it allows for a bit of side to side movement of the rear wheel (you can see it in videos on YouTube)

Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey GreenPlease

The front brake is a TRP TTV with a barrel adjuster and flexible noodle. The rear brake is a Shimano Direct mount. We have been able to fit a HED disc which is 27mm wide with no issues. The frame and fork can take up to 700c x 30 tires.

The bottle comes in 8 colour's - Red, Orange, Blue, Green, Pink, Grey, Black, White/transparent

The Omnium trainer would be no issue. Any trainer with a fork mount and free rear wheel is ok to use. We are testing a traditional trainer which clamps the rear end of the bike.

Thank you.

Jimmy

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Firstly, thanks for creating something new and beautiful.

What kind of distribution are you looking at outside of North America?

The highlight of this bike is intelligent integration. You've mentioned nutrition: will there be an integrated storage system for accessories?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... Maybe a bottle that is mostly colored with a clear sidewall section on either side would give the function needed while looking great. Just like on bike bottles where the bottle is a color but there's also a transparent strip down the side so you can see how full it is.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think with the bottle set up Ventum has you would need a clear top since you would never look at the side of the bottle. Even with a clear top and coloured sides it might be tough to see how much is left in the bottle depending on how much light gets through the sides.

I took a look at AJ's bike at Knoxville and it looked like a pretty sweet setup. Wish you all the best
Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged - Thank you! We will use a traditional Distribution method with Country and Region and we are in discussions already. There is an integrated nutrition holder on the way soon and there will be another integrated accessories holder.

ZenTriBrett and A vdLinden - Thank you for the question and suggestions and we are working on something along these lines.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jimmy meet Cody. Triathlete - The Future of Canadian Triathlon and currently without a bike sponsor.

Cody meet Jimmy. Ventum - The Future of Speed. Cool new aero Triathlon Bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on when the wind tunnel data will be published?
Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [gavdxb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the data was supposed to be released this week?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I thought the data was supposed to be released this week?

I talked with the guys today and the Data will be released at the earliest this friday and the latest early next week. The independent analysis company took a little longer to put it together and get to them.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Re: Some Ventum Facts [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need data now! haha

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Need data now! haha

After talking with them it sounds like you will in no way be disappointed in the results ;-). They were waiting on the analysis from the last two bikes they compared it with to release it. They are super excited to release it along with the fact that the bike passed the EU safety standards test.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully the data is honest and shows the testing protocol, tunnels tested at, and configuration of other bikes. Slowtwitch does not play nicely with bad data

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Hopefully the data is honest and shows the testing protocol, tunnels tested at, and configuration of other bikes. Slowtwitch does not play nicely with bad data

That's why they had an independent group do the analysis. Testing protocol, place (I'm not sure about this but if you look at the articles written on the bike you can see all the different places it and the other bikes are being tested at) , config of all bikes. There won't be smoke and mirrors. live and die by the sword.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know they tested at FASTER and I think I read they tested at A2

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wind tunnel data will be interesting……but the race results already confirm the Ventum is fast.
Quote Reply

Prev Next