Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sole Treadmill - Slight Incline after calibrating - help!
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a Sole F80 and for some reason it feels like the treadmill has an incline to it. (Roughly 1%)

The treadmill itself says 0 incline. I did a calibration and that didn't help.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Sole Treadmill - Slight Incline after calibrating - help! [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would agree with you on my experience with the same treadmill. I would suggest you embrace it and run as is. it will make your road experience an easier transition.

You don't notice it after a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole Treadmill - Slight Incline after calibrating - help! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed on my end!

My wife, not so much ... she wants it a true 0% :)
Quote Reply
Re: Sole Treadmill - Slight Incline after calibrating - help! [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sole F80 was put in the garage last week. same thing... seems to be an ever so slight incline with my long level.

i was planning on doing some adjusting when i have time to try and get it just right.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, this is really easily solved. Almost any treadmill grade can be adjusted by putting a wooden block under the front (steeper) or rear (flatter). So a 1-2inch block should even it out. However 1% is actually more beneficial, watch this video for some nice info on incline benefits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XImO3h7ttvw
Quote Reply
Re: Sole Treadmill - Slight Incline after calibrating - help! [AGomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Sole F63 and would be willing to bet it is also at 1% when it states 0 incline.
Last edited by: Rocking Rob: Dec 27, 18 4:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Embrace the 1 % incline. You will find road running more enjoyable and less frustrating with the speed boost.

I run my sole f80 at 3% minimum for everything. I feel like im on steroids when I go outdoors.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole Treadmill - Slight Incline after calibrating - help! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm convinced that my Landice at 0% is similar to most treadmills at 2%. If I run at the gym I put them at 2% to start and it's no big deal. If I set my home TM at 2%, I'm working.

If your wife is really upset by the perceived 1% incline, head to the hardware store, buy one of those wooden yardsticks and put it under the back feet of the TM and your problem should be solved.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most treadmills need to be somewhere between 1-1.5% incline to mimic normal outdoor neural motor patterning.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They seem to ship this way (with the feet bottomed out (up) and therefore the default is an incline.. just turn the adjustable feet on the back of the treadmill till it is level. Leveled mine out perfectly.

Love my Sole F85.. we have put 600 miles on it in the first year. The software the runs the display needs some work but at the end of the day the treadmill does what it is suppose to do.

Quote | Reply
I think it's designed that way on purpose. i added some shims in the form of extra foam mat blocks and a piece of wood on the rear of my f80
Quote Reply