Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Softride with Shimano 600
Quote | Reply
Looking at buying a used Softride Power V with Shimano 600 components and still pretty much a newbie. How do the 600's compare to today's lineup (the bike is ~ 5 years old) as the Shimano site doesn't list any of their old products. Also any thoughts on pricing for this bike, it has Syntace aerobars and newer cassette (8 speed) and chainrings, wheels are pretty standard. Overall the bike looks good, well taken care off not crashed or ridden much in the last 2 years I have been told. I am currently riding a Specialized 58 cm road bike with a forward post and shorter stem to shorten up the cockpit and increase my angle (not sure what it is) with clip on aerobars. From the Softride site I would need a large frame for the 55-58 cm sizing, how much does the loaded beam deflection change this number if at all. The nearest Softride dealer is 2.5 hours away so I need to do the sizing decision on my own and plan on taking the bike in for proper fitting after. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I said I am on my own till after the sale so I need to make the right decision in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride with Shimano 600 [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano 600 is teh same thing as ultegra... nice stuff.

600 was 8 speed

Don't knwo enough about softrides but I am sure that the customer service people at softride would be able to help you.

The main slowtwitch site has some discussion about softrides which you may find enlightening
Quote Reply
Re: Softride with Shimano 600 [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike you describe is my first tri bike. To be honest fitting a SoftRide can be a challenge but with patience it can be done. Go to the SR web site and look at their fitting guidelines it will help immensely. Once you have the saddle height set everything else is the same. Actually you have a lot latitude due to the beam being able to adjust fore and aft.
Check out what beam is on the bike. They are made in I believe three stiffness(?) or deflections dependent upon riders weight. Get someone to measure you when on the bike so you can set saddle height when the beam is preloaded that will also help.
One Power V inspect closely for cracks around the head tube and the bottom bracket. They were the weak points on that frame.
Good luck hope this is of some use.
Quote Reply