Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So who Is signed up for IMFL and is going to defer to Ironman Texas?
Quote | Reply
Just curious. I am thinking a good number will. Deadline is midnight today.
Last edited by: imsparticus: Oct 19, 18 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: So who Is signed up for IMFL and is going to defer to Ironman Texas? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you doing?
Quote Reply
Re: So who Is signed up for IMFL and is going to defer to Ironman Texas? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I deferred.

I requested a deferral to Coz in 2019, but knew it was a long shot, and was told that IMTX was my only option. The logistics didn't work out for my wife and I to make both the date change and location change work. If it were one or the other, maybe it would have been a different story, but we can't make both happen.

That said, Ironman is doing the right thing in my opinion. I know there was a lot of blowback when they first announced ONLY the date and location change, but the addition of the deferral option puts them squarely in the right for me. They'll never make everyone happy, but this should cover the VAST majority of those who find themselves in the same situation in which I find myself.

Additionally, TriBike Transport is offering deferral credits or refunds to those who reserved their service for IMFL, so IMTX is fully paid up for me now. Great example of two companies (I'm sure there are many more) working around a difficult situation to provide the best service they can despite the challenges they're facing.

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply