Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015?
Quote | Reply
LAST YEAR'S THREAD - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
(feel free to hop on over there and whine/brag about what you failed/accomplished in 2014)

Now that we have last year's business out of the way...

Whatcha got for 2015?
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Badwater Cape Fear 50M
Badwater Salton Sea
And if I still have legs after that I'll figure out what to do the last 6 months of 2015

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having a baby in mid May. My first. I signed up for a marathon in October. After I found out I was having a baby.
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [clairec2007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clairec2007 wrote:
I'm having a baby in mid May.

Well, not too many of us are gonna top that! Congratulations!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couch to IMMD in 1 year...spent last 3 years studying for the CFA so i know i have the time....as for everything else, we'll see
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, that is so nice of you! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a single damn thing. And I'm quite proud of that right now.

Likely just some 5ks, 10ks, and half marathons to try and run a semi-respectable time.

speedySTATES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HS Track. 1600, 800, 4x400. Assuming I can run by then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I DNFed at IMFL and signed up for the lottery of Swissman. Go totally stupid or go home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finished IMWI last year, and had so much fun I decided to sign up again for 2015!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first 70.3 (Mont-Tremblant), and try to qualify for Boston at the Montreal marathon in September. Otherwise, regular local races around the area. I'd be quite happy to make sub 40 10k in April...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A PR in a stand alone marathon but not likely because I won't give up biking
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crossing Puerto Rico north to south on my bike, through the mountains in two weeks.
Almanzo 100 gravel race
Ragnar Madison
IronMan Boulder
Maybe a 50 miler sometime in the Fall to finish the year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycling at least 10,000 miles in 2015!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I decided to bump up to 140.6 next year. Then I decided I just don't have the time at the moment to train adequately. So I decided to train my ass off between now and spring and then OWN each of my local races (sprint/Oly) from March to October then 140.6 it in 2016!
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [TriathlonKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get up to Austin for a couple Tri's(rookie, tri rock maybe?), some more local sprints, Galveston 5150 sprint. Maybe I'll do a 70.3 as a super long training day for the hell of it, there's a cheap/local one that's supposed to be well ran(Tall Texan in Boerne)

This year, I just screwed around. Started the year somewhere between 260 and 320(stopped looking at the scale), should be down to 195 by new years. Hoping for 170-180, and to break 1:15 in a sprint. 1:10 as a stretch goal. I was a high 15/low 16 5k runner in HS XC, so if I get trim, and am diligent about swimming...I think it's possible.

TriathlonKid wrote:

400 relay and 1600? 400/800, happens, but not common. 800/1600, sure why not. But 400/1600? That's an odd pairing. Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really hoping my number comes up in the Leadville 100 MTB lottery. Tried and failed to get in last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Self-supported Ultraman next October. You're all invited. Calling it "Texas Ultra Mega Man."

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know, but at the end of next year I'll act like whatever I've done was exactly according to plan.
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [JSully] [TriathlonKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
TriathlonKid wrote:

400 relay and 1600? 400/800, happens, but not common. 800/1600, sure why not. But 400/1600? That's an odd pairing. Best of luck.

Doesn't seem so odd if it's the 4x400. Although I understand where you're coming from; I was a 400/800 guy and one 1500 practically killed me. Love the track.

P.S. I hope your leg is healing well TriathlonKid!
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
JSully wrote:

TriathlonKid wrote:

Doesn't seem so odd if it's the 4x400. Although I understand where you're coming from; I was a 400/800 guy and one 1500 practically killed me. Love the track.

So how'd you end up here?

800 is such a miserable distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TWO 100 mile runs within a month of one another!
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
Staz wrote:
JSully wrote:

TriathlonKid wrote:

So how'd you end up here?

800 is such a miserable distance.

A healthy dose of stupidity and lack of options. Those are also more or less the reasons why I was running the 800. I think pacing was my biggest issue in the 1500 not any sort of aerobic limitations, wasn't slow by any means. I do find though that I excel the most at ~1-3 minute bursts of high intensity meaning that stretching out to anything beyond OD would likely result in diminishing returns for me.
Quote Reply
Re: So what stupidity/epicness/overreaches are you planning for 2015? [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My kiddo just turned 15 and runs 800/1600 and XC. But he enjoys the 400 more actually. I guess
this has to do with it being his first season. Clocked 2.16 for the 800, 4.54 for the mile and 17.52 for 5km.
Not bad for a newbie who clearly lacks endurance more than he lacks speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this thread! Just looked at my goal from last year, wanted to break 2:00 in an Olympic distance race. Missed it in 2014 with 2:00:3x at Nationals, but did manage to qualify for Chicago World Champs at both distances. Mostly the same plan as last year for winter. Want to get a little more run focused, perhaps 2 track workouts per week? New goals for 2015- Podiums at world championships, break 2:00 in an Olympic, new HIM PR (currently 4:17), and win all my "new" local races (just moved to Long Island).

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply

Prev Next