Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So what kind of posts do you ignore?
Quote | Reply
After reading the "Who loves Triple Threat?" thread, I kind of started wondering about this. We all have certain topics we read, others we don't read, same goes for certain posters. Me, I stay away from the political threads and anything regarding PowerCranks and/or Rotor Cranks. I try not to read the "Which bike to buy" threads, as that has already been covered in great detail (unless someone is asking about a rare or exotic bike), and I usually don't read anything about technical bike repairs.

And once a thread gets too long, I usually tune it out. I was with last weekend's religious thread until the end of the third page. After that, I couldn't read it anymore. Once a thread gets that long, everything has pretty much been covered and it starts getting redundant (and I love the religious threads).

So, what catches your attention and to what do you turn a deaf ear?

RP
Quote Reply
Re: So what kind of posts do you ignore? [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually like the posts on which bikes to buy, or the X vs. Y threads. Like anything xterra. Like reading about training plans and other gear besides just the bikes (running shoes, wetsuits, bodyglide). Avoid computrainers, PC/RC, IM nutrition, and USAT. The off-topic threads are interesting to a point and generally keep me entertained. Without them, you get to a pet peeve really quick.

Pet peeve: I've wanted to post a few questions, but fear the "we've already covered that, dummass, do a thread search" response.

Oh, one other pet peeve while I'm at it: People who can identify a "troll." Aren't all questions sort of a troll? Forgive my ignorance.
Quote Reply
Re: So what kind of posts do you ignore? [dm in phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pet peeve: I've wanted to post a few questions, but fear the "we've already covered that, dummass, do a thread search" response.

Y'know, I've both said that and had it said to me (not here). I wouldn't let it stop you from posting a question. If I know where the thread is ... I'll link you to it. If I have an idea where it is, I'll try and help you locate it. I'm assuming others will do the same.

It takes a question about 10 minutes to move form the 1st page to the 2nd page, so all of us should stop the "it's already been discussed DA, do a search". The way threads go to and fro with the topic it can be very dificult (okay, so I just wanted to say "to and fro" ... is that so bad?).

If someone (hopefully not me) gives you that line. Just asy "Bite me, why waste your valuable time replying to my question? EVERY on-topic question has been discuseed before. There's over 8,000 thread, and close to 75,000 posts. Ask anything you want, whenever you want. Screw em if they don't like it.

Folks that say that line to someone need a foot enema ... that includes myself.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ignore posts that ask me what kind of posts I ignore....oops!

=P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything off topic. I'm here for triathlon. Leave your life story at the door. Also we need to stop with the Lance Armstrong road racing crap. This is a triathlon board.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: So what kind of posts do you ignore? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ignore any thread until Mr. Tibbs responds, then, I know it's worthwhile!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: So what kind of posts do you ignore? [martytram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it wouldn't take long for that response to pop up. But you must not have ignored it 'cause you took the time to
post . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anything about the USAT, bylaws and electioneering.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply