Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So she asks me to put my shirt back on...
Quote | Reply
What would a Slowtwitcher do (WWASD)? I headed out with a group on our regular AM training run and over the past few days it has been unusually warm. About 20 minutes into the run the sweat is pouring off me and I start to peel off my running tank to stay cool. Our lone female runner over her shoulder asks "can you put your shirt back on?" I will also add that she is fit and fast so I will respect that, but I'm no slouch either - no piercings, tats, or excessive body hair and I'm about 10% BF. Wanting to avoid conflict for the upcoming hour I throw the tank back on, get a simple "thank you" and we drive on. I was surprised. Am I a caveman? Ever happen to you? Wonder if anyone ever pushed back and had it escalate or stop the run. Love to get a woman's point of view - are you uncomfortable? Offended?
Quote Reply
Re: So she asks me to put my shirt back on... [ms30594] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you a girl or a boy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems like you should be asking her, not the forum. What did she say?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The next time you see HER, ask HER why she didn't want you running without a shirt. Ask it politely, and I'm sure you'll get a polite answer. Now, you may not agree with her on whatever points she makes, but it's worth hearing her out. IMO, it's better than just getting conjecture, guesses, and opinions as to what she was thinking, and how you 'should' react.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe she was slightly turned on by your manlyness.

Quote | Reply
That's really strange. Even if you were a fat hairy guy it's none of her business what you wear running. The group I used to run with had a mix of guys and girls and most of the faster guys went shirtless (and the girls didn't wear much more) in the summer and nobody ever had a problem with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run shirtless unless it is snowing. If a chick asked me to put a shirt on, I would tell her to put her burqa back on. But then again I look good without a shirt. If "The Womens" want I can post some pics....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You put your shirt back on? Really?

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha! Man there's gotta be more to this story than you're letting on. If some random girl asked me to put my shirt back on just because, I would say only if you finish the run in sweat pants because your lower body appears to be made of cottage cheese, and it's making me nauseous.

Jonathan
USA Triathlon Coach/Adventure Extraordinaire
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tell her if she can take her shirt off then make you a sammich.
Last edited by: SeasonsChange: Jul 6, 10 19:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Next time you go running with the group, take along a paper bag and ask her if she wouldn't mind running with it over her head.

Situations like this never cease to amaze me in this PC bullshit world we now live in. Someone questions why you do something (take ya shirt off when it's hot as hell) and if you question their intentions (why does it bother them that you have your shirt off?)...you're the rude one.

I blame it on the teachers.
Quote Reply
Re: So she asks me to put my shirt back on... [Salmon Steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha reminds when my kid ran off in a vestibuyle at a sports store while I was in middle of checking out. I had complete eye contact with him. Well anyway...as I am walking by some lady says who kid is that? I say "He's mine.". Then she say's real loud "Another father of the year." so I said real loud " Better then being bitch of the year.". The real funny part was her husband was right there too.

Quote | Reply
Let us know what you find out when you ask.

Also, for the women's point of view, you might want to cross-post on the Women's Forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cannot judge until u post a pic...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
next time you need to scratch the shit out of your back, I mean big welts. Then tell her it's battle wounds from last night and if she thinks she can do a better job only then after she proves it will you stick your shirt back on.

Seriously what is wrong with you dudes?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jul 6, 10 19:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What would a Slowtwitcher do (WWASD)?

I'd post a thread containing various photos of my rockin' sweaty abs, then innocently title it something like "am I a forefoot striker or more mid-foot?" and sit back and wait for the ego-boosting compliments to stream in!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the most part, even if the guy is hot with a great body, if he's running around without a shirt on, I generally have a 'probably a douchebag who wants everyone to stare at him' reaction. But since my favourite professional triathlete is Faris Al-Sultan, take that with a grain of salt :) Either way, I wouldn't have been uncomfortable or offended though, and I would've cut you slack if I knew you (though I would've taken the opportunity to mock you for being a douchebag ;) ).

Maybe she was just grumpy that she was overheating and wearing a shirt. Maybe you were wearing a HRM and she wanted to spare you the pain of a HRM strap tan-line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! This thread made my day. ROFL but yes, this should be included in the definition of CHICKED.

Veritas Endurance Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has she never been to a pool before?

Should of just looked at her seductively, licked your fingers and played with your nipples...then blew her a kiss!
Worst case scenario...she punches you in the eye. Best case...you get a date.

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com