Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So is it coming or not?...Assioma
Quote | Reply
A few months back there was a supposed leak of a new Assioma pedal. Anyone know anything more about this? Was the leak just a hoax or is this pedal actually coming? Would looove to get a shimano compatible assioma since I have all shimano pedals but I needed a powermeter like months ago so need to pull the trigger on something sooner rather than later.
Quote Reply
Re: So is it coming or not?...Assioma [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been following the rumor too, but I have not seen anything new recently. My take is that Italy is still getting kicked in the teeth by Coronavirus, and Assioma has barely been able to maintain inventory of their current products. My hunch is we will not see a new product until their country settles down and their supply chain stabilizes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My personal axiom regarding bike products, is when I need something, buy something that's for sale. Even absent COVID, waiting for rumored or unannounced products is a bit of a rabbit hole.

For power meters this is bolstered by the Chung rule: don't buy low serial number power meters.
Quote Reply
Re: So is it coming or not?...Assioma [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
For power meters this is bolstered by the Chung rule: don't buy low serial number power meters.

Twice I’ve ignored this rule a only to regret it

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: So is it coming or not?...Assioma [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I could see that. They did lower their price though which I thought might be a way of clearly old stock before releasing the new pedals but obviously nothing has come from that.
Quote Reply
Re: So is it coming or not?...Assioma [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, me wanting to buy a new electronic product is very new to me. I don't think I've ever bought a new generation of anything (because I never need the latest/greatest and also because I'd rather the company get the bugs out of the product) but I was going to make an exception here since people seems to have such good luck with their pedals and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted. I probably need to let my rational head prevail here and get the current version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
They did lower their price though which I thought might be a way of clearly old stock before releasing the new pedals but obviously nothing has come from that.
Where did you see the price lowered? I almost bought a second set from Clever Training, but they raised their price a few months ago and have not come back down yet.
Quote Reply
Re: So is it coming or not?...Assioma [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Favero website has them for $690. They were like 720 or so a few months back. The price definitely jumped up sometime last year but then dropped. Prices on other sites don't seem to have moved since the increase
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Favero website has them for $690. They were like 720 or so a few months back. The price definitely jumped up sometime last year but then dropped. Prices on other sites don't seem to have moved since the increase

Their prices are very dynamic for whatever reason, they change almost weekly

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mine for $650 from Clever Training in 2019. I love them so much that I want a 2nd set just to have the convenience between my two bikes and the backup. Psychologically, $650 for a gratuitous 2nd set is a easy click for me. But the current price of $720 is too much for a non-essential point of view-- even though they are still a ludicrous value at this price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I saw, it looked like it was going to be replacement spindles for existing SPD-SL pedals, not complete pedals:

Quote:
“Assioma is for you too! Take full advantage of your current Shimano pedal bodies* with your brand-new Assioma Duo-Shi. Start training with unmatched power accuracy and consistency. *List of compatible pedal bodies”

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply