Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SoCal vs Florida
Quote | Reply
I live in San Diego. Visiting parents during this crisis. Was able to sneak in a few wetsuit -less swims in . Lots of routes along the west to do continuous biking. And the finale,before flying back... the Sarasota ITU course is epic. So should I sell my house and move? It just seems too good to be true
Quote Reply
Re: SoCal vs Florida [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I moved to LA from Tampa. Florida is awesome from November to may and satans anus feom June to October brutal but the oceans coldest temps I ever felt there surfing was the warmest I’ve felt here. Low cost of living and a true beach life. But I just love socal. I love it for the surf the weather and things to do. Hate it for the people the politics and cost. But love wins out. You’ll be happy either place. I did do 3 oly in July August and sept. I got out of the gulf sweating as the water was like 86 at 0700 and it was 95 at race start
Quote Reply
Re: SoCal vs Florida [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made me laugh. I live in Tampa but worked in Santa Monica (for the AF) eons ago. Hated the pollution, the traffic, my commute, the high cost of living in SoCal but loved the mountains, the weather and the running scene. Summer in Tampa is wretched for running. My favorite time here is "winter". But swimming here is great ... climate controlled pools, spring fed rivers, and the Gulf. Tremendous biking in San Antonio and Clermont. On balance, Tampa hands down.
Quote Reply
Re: SoCal vs Florida [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Made me laugh. I live in Tampa but worked in Santa Monica (for the AF) eons ago. Hated the pollution, the traffic, my commute, the high cost of living in SoCal but loved the mountains, the weather and the running scene. Summer in Tampa is wretched for running. My favorite time here is "winter". But swimming here is great ... climate controlled pools, spring fed rivers, and the Gulf. Tremendous biking in San Antonio and Clermont. On balance, Tampa hands down.

I do miss weekiwachi and rainbow river springs. Nothing. Like 70 degree spring on a hot day
Quote Reply
Re: SoCal vs Florida [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been thinking the same thing recently.

Currently live in CT, but will bail in 4yrs.

Current choices are: So Cal, FL, CO and AZ (Scottsdale).

Help!!!
Quote Reply
Re: SoCal vs Florida [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:

Help!!!

Depends where you would like to live in SoCal and what your $ situation is. I've been in Santa Monica for 21 years, make 6 figures but its expensive. Love the weather, food, women, topography and live entertainment. Lots of great tri groups, ocean swimming most of the year, biking routes along the coast and mountains, tons of trail running. My work is 1 mile away...if that ever changes I might move to an area I can pay cash for a house and enjoy a less stressful environment. Tuscon, Nevada, even FL sounds good.
Quote Reply
Re: SoCal vs Florida [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have lived in SOCAL (San Diego worked in Temecula), Tucson, West Palm, Naples and Clermont FL and spent substantial time in CO. Sometimes people complain about Florida, but the grass is literally or figuratively not greener on the other side. Going home to the Midwest for Christmas, Thanksgiving or like I just did a few weeks ago for Funeral really reminds you of just how green Florida is at all times. This was Milwaukee on latest trip and just feels depressing and grey. You really take the sunshine for granted.

San Diego has the best weather year-round but would probably feel chilly to coming from Florida now. Florida winters are substantially warmer that AZ thanks to humidity. I'll be the first to admit being here 3 summers it doesn't feel great when it is June 15 and hotter than heck and you are like, "3 more months of this". It isn't as bad as it is made out to be though. Me and my old Tucson roommate have talked about cohabitating in CO and he is lifer from Tucson. CO seems like a happy balance if you are coming from further north. I still heart Tucson and I bet if I drove thru I would have the nostalgic feeling of feeling home as I came into the bowl of the city and saw Mt Lemmon. Riding is great in Tucson but the roads are not in great shape. SOCAL is so congested IMHO and that could literally be unhealthy for things like your lungs if you live in the city. I prefer Tucson to the more cosmo style of Scottsdale but that again that is just my style. CO is beautiful.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: SoCal vs Florida [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:

Help!!!

fyi I am born and raised in CT and moved to San Diego. Parents also decided to move - could not find a home here so defaulted to Florida. Housing is highly expensive here. A tool shack will sell for $900k.
Quote Reply