Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So....Milan San Remo today
Quote | Reply
and not a thread about it??
Lance has retired so no one here cares about cycling anymore?
Quote Reply
Re: So....Milan San Remo today [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More like, Milan-San Remo is about the least interesting of the classics. A 300K race that is decided more time than not, in a field sprint. Of course, the great riders found a way to get away. Kelly and Fignon did it twice, and others of course, but lately sprinters have ruled supreme. A few years ago they talked about changing the course some to make it more selective and there was a big uproar. Not the recipe for the most exciting of races. Except for the last few minutes.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: So....Milan San Remo today [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you could at least name Merckx...7 wins...
That said, it was won in a sprint as often as it was won in a breakaway.

did you check today? sprint? no sprint? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shhh...c'mon, waiting to see the show on OLN tomorrow afternoon dammit! ;-)

(After a long ride and run of course...)
Quote Reply
Re: So....Milan San Remo today [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ain't sayin' nothin'...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for being the better man...lol!

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was following the whole thing, Francois. I didn't leave for my run until I saw PP's name up for the win. Big day for him. And Boonen looks like he's ready for the big ones coming up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what a race... my hands were sweating just reading teh articlea about it...

maybe more discussion after its on tv...

PS. Did you end up moving to CA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far, no issues for with Zabel working for Petacchi.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: So....Milan San Remo today [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zabel consistently proves himself one of the most professional riders on the road. He knows what his role is and plays it to the hilt, even when he would rather do otherwise. I think he knows his days are mostly done. But I'd still like to see him get a fantastic result or two...I'd love to see him take an LBL or Amstel...He's one of my favorites.
Quote Reply
Re: So....Milan San Remo today [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. This month's Procycling mag has a great article on him.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: So....Milan San Remo today [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm having a hard time making a decision...offers here and there...but decisions are hard...Nothing that was like 'wow! cool! I take it'...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I purposely didn't mention Merckx because he didn't win his races in field spring--and he was not really human anyway. :)

The QuickSteppers created a nice tactical sandwich to do in Petachi, but it still finished in a virtual field sprint. Oh, well. The Italians are happy. They think MSR is the most important one day race anyway.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great D...n race!

I had to leave for my road race with about 1k to go - almost stayed home!!! (which would have been a mistake :0) As it was, I pulled into the parking lot 25 minutes before start time - that's cutting it pretty close!

Man, what a season this is going to be - amazing parity, no single super-dominant team, and a total toss-up in LeTour - which pulls the favorites out of form for the Giro and Vuelta, so they (G&V) get more exciting... wow...

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was all over it. My fantasy team finished in a tie for 13th out of about 500 teams.

Damn! I came so close to putting Pozzato on my team. I knew he was super strong right now, but I figured he would wind up working for either Bettini or Booonen and sacrificing his own race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
F,

I know this is an international board, but most U.S. viewers don't see this until 5pm on Sunday on OLN --- if not even later recorded on Tivo. I think most 'regular' cycling viewers in the U.S. will watch the whole season on OLN, since Lance never appeared on the calendar until the Tour, and there was so much happening in cycling before then.

Keith
Quote Reply
Re: So....Milan San Remo today [pezdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's kind of cool, actually, that OLN is giving some time to races we've not had much coverage of in the past. Enjoyed watching these guys riding 183 miles in about 6 1/2 hours (especially right after my struggling to do 90 in about 5:20!) ---group ride or not, that's friggin amazing speed over that length of road.

Since Lance didn't do these races we've not seen them until now---perhaps one of the many blessings of an Armstrong-less sport, eh?
Last edited by: Mike C: Mar 20, 06 9:18
Quote Reply