Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l!
Quote | Reply
The prediction was snow...we ended up with heat. Hot hot hot.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was your race? Did things go well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bet the run was tough as hell in that parka.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the sections were like an oven -- particularly running through the concrete jungles around the university. I'll always remember seeing the soccer complex lined with a single file line of struggling athletes. Most walking. I certainly saw more people throw up yesterday than I care to.

That was a tough one, and I was just happy to cross the finish line. But I thought it was a great race. The crowd support was terrific.

In response to your other post, I hadn't heard about a "bad" bike/car accident, although there was at least one scary spot in my ride. About a mile or two outside of Cross Plains, you make a sharp left turn off a 55-mph highway on to a side road. An impatient driver nearly "pushed" a passing cyclist into me.

I don't think all of the roads needed to be closed off, but I do think there are some areas of that course where traffic control needs to be looked at more carefully.

Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it was a great day for a puker. I definitely had a hall of fame hurling day. I lost track after about 9. (and I've got a cast-iron stomach)

I recommend the chicken broth for both volume and distance.

God, what a day. It's gonna take me a while to get over this one. I was damn glad to get to the finish line. I've never seen so many people hurting soooo bad.

Almost 300 DNFs out of 1800 starters. Brutal. At one point I was told they were bringing a bus to Verona to shuttle back all the people that had quit at mile 95 of the bike.

Congrats to everybody who survived.

-- Big EE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You never answered. How did you do? Better than me at Lake Placid I hope.
Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finished, barely! That was the absolute worst I have ever felt. I vomited at least 10 times and had leg locking cramps. At mile 24 I was on my knees puking and the medics wanted to pull me out. No way! Not after suffering through that long with 2.2 to go. I convinced them to let me give it another go and I got up and slipped away into the night. After finishing I ended up in the medical tent and three bags later I was able to go make it back to the hotel room. I don't think I would/could do that again. I'm glad I finished but a DNF might have been a healthier choice. I've got to figure out how to fuel my body! This was my third IM and I'm getting sicker on each one (and slower), although, it's has been hotter on each one. I must still be delirious because I signed up again for next year. Next year's goal: Pray for cooler weather or learn how to hydrate!
Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub 12.

I had a great swim...violent, but a good swim (just over an hour)

Good bike ride...not great..20mph avg for the ride.

Hot as hell on the run...no puking but allot of walking and I ate every Thermo tab I had...and a few that I found on the ground in a ziplock that someone lost.

I could have been about an hour faster I fugure...and would have ended up in the medical tent...instead I went out to dinner and smiled all night.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those where my tabs!!. I did lose my ziplock with lava salts between mile 13 and 19. It was hot! I did the porty pottie tour. Would that be because i ate too much on bike or dehydrated?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I saw those Salt Tabs on the road - felt bad for whoever lost them.

That means you were ahead of me.

See you in Kona 2004
Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely an apples to oranges comparison, but if the weather conditions were about equal, which do you think is the harder course (for those who have done both): Lake Placid or Madison?

I vote for Madison.

Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMLP no question. The bike at Moo though technical is not challanging...and I found the run to be a mess at best...it was like they just went around trying to get 26.2 miles...across the park, into the parking lot, around the block, by the factory, over to the rail road tracks...blah blah blah....I just did not get the same feeling at Moo as I did LP. I prefer LP a HUGE amount over Moo.

Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [Redemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your going to Kona I was waaayyy behind you. Congrats! My finish was 14:07. Very happy to have finished.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: Snow at Moo? Nope, try hotter than all he*l! [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EJS, Chicago Triathletes rock - way to go - Congrats -

See you on the lakefront

Axel
Quote Reply