Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Smelly and Sweaty Bike Shoes [Cervelo Apple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I let them dry, remove the insoles and then put it all in a ziplock bag and toss them in the freezer overnight. Someone told me to try it, I was pretty skeptical but it worked so whenever things get funky this is the route I go.
Quote Reply
Re: Smelly and Sweaty Bike Shoes [TOTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting. so the insoles (the bottom cushion) is typically removable? I didnt want to try pulling at it in case it wasnt removable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes all of mine have come out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wet for days? Yikes, that must be some kind of humidity you got there. I have no doubt the bleach some suggested works, but at those concentrations I'd be concerned the fabric would be destroyed over time, not to mention any color. And I couldn't throw my bike shoes in my front loading washing machine - it would destroy the inside of the machine.

Any time I get athletic gear truly soaked (including bike shoes), the very first thing I try to do is wash it right away. I think allowing it to dry gives an opportunity for smells to set in. If I don't have enough to justify a washing machine load (which is usually), it gets hand washed in the sink. I use Woolite Delicates. It gets rinsed well and dries outside, weather permitting. I prefer to wear my cycling shoes without socks which makes them smell even faster. I've not had a problem over the years with this strategy. Good luck.
Quote Reply

Prev Next