Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Smart Trainer Newbie Qs
Quote | Reply
So I thinking about buying a smart trainer - in between the Kickr, Hammer, Flux and Direto.

Important to me:

1) ability to do workouts on Zwift/TrainerRoad
2) capability to import routes so I can use them for workouts prior to races (ie, need to practice for 3 big hills in future race course)
3) accuracy + ease of calibrating

Are there any issues with the above trainers that I definitely need to kick out with the above? Leaning towards Kickr since I have a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt.
Last edited by: carosemena: Feb 26, 18 11:02
Quote Reply
Re: Smart Trainer Newbie Qs [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carosemena wrote:
So I thinking about buying a smart trainer - in between the Kickr, Hammer, Flux and Direto.

Important to me:

1) ability to do workouts on Zwift/TrainerRoad
2) capability to import routes so I can use them for workouts prior to races (ie, need to practice for 3 big hills in future race course)
3) accuracy + ease of calibrating

Are there any issues with the above trainers that I definitely need to kick out with the above? Leaning towards Kickr since I have a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt.

Hey there!

My name is Bryce and I work for TrainerRoad!

All four of those options are great choices for use with TrainerRoad or Zwift since they are all compatible with both ANT+ and BT 4.0 :)

The capability to import routes can be done with any of them as well through the use of BestBikeSplit. The profile can then be loaded into TrainerRoad by dragging and dropping the file into our Workout Creator.

With regards to Calibration, we at TrainerRoad do not support Calibration for the Hammer or the Diereto quite yet. So in terms of ease of calibration, the Kickr or the Flux are the way to go :)

Overall, between the Kickr and the Flux I would recommend the Kickr. After working in our Support Team for a few years, we see very very few issues with the Kickr and have seen some ERG issues and less than stellar performance from the Flux. Specifically, the Flux stops working in cold temperatures which is a problem for some environments.

Happy training!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Smart Trainer Newbie Qs [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bryce!!
Quote Reply